Is the after-life what we make of it?

Just an idea.
Based on what you believe the after-life could be like, that's what your consciousness will perceive. So, some people might see hell, some might be reincarnated, some might just be stuck in some sort of void? What do you think? Will it be like I've described or do you have another opinion?

• I think that might be true
  • I think that might not be true
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're pretty much non existent when you die.
    There is no after life in my view.

However , I leave a small opening for a possibility.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard the argument that what people experience as near death experiences are really just chemical reactions in the brain as it's losing oxygen and you see what your preconceived notions of the afterlife were.

Personally I think it's possible that there's no afterlife and that we just cease to exist.

However I also think it's possible that there is some sort of continuation of our consciousness but I doubt it's heaven or hell. I see it as more of amother dimension that is currently beyond our comprehension. It would be like explaining sight to a man who has never seen.

• Maybe this 'continuation of consciousness is the inevitable DMT trip we experience when we die. When on DMT people claim to travel to other dimensions and speak to other worldly beings.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know what to believe in anymore..

What Guys Said 6

• No, I'm pretty sure our "consciousness" is a part of our brains, and with our death, our consciousness ceases to exist and after death, there is nothing whatsoever and you will feel nothing and it's just... the end!

• It's like before you were born. You have no memory of that time.

You don't exist as a living organism with a perception of its environment.

• Thought this before too. Reminds me of the movie "What dreams may come."

• I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. The likelihood is that we won't experience anything and our consciousness will cease to exist. But, I HOPE we live on. I'd love it.

• I just got back from the after life. It's what we think it is.

• I've thought of this before. I don't know