Why do people take advantage of me?

i don't see what I do to make people feel like they can but they just take advantage of me some way or another why is this?

so I shouldn't be nice to people?
i know I just don't get how I'm letting them I do say no and I do try to stand up for myself or at least I try but I don't know they just treat me bad sometimes and I just start giving up when they gang up on me could it be cause I'm just a silly person?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to ask yourself if you have realistic expectations from your friendships. If this is a recurring theme, then you are part of the problem. There are people out there who will always be the givers, and there are those who are always the takers. It is best to try to be in the middle. All relationships have some give and take, that is what makes a relationship work.

Example: If you walked into McDonalds and ordered a hamburger, fries and a coke, and paid the regular price, you would expect to receive a hamburger, fries and a coke. If you only got the fries, you would have been taken advantage of. Think of every relationship in the context of what you give and what you expect to get. And don't give more than you think is fair for what you are getting. Get your "burger, fries and coke".

The other thing is to have realistic expectations of your relationships. Don't jump in with your whole heart before you know the other person is on the same page. Take things slow and have check points to assure you have your own needs met.

Good Luck,