• Ask
  • myTake

Why do people take advantage of me?

i don't see what I do to make people feel like they can but they just take advantage of me some way or another why is this?

so I shouldn't be nice to people?
i know I just don't get how I'm letting them I do say no and I do try to stand up for myself or at least I try but I don't know they just treat me bad sometimes and I just start giving up when they gang up on me could it be cause I'm just a silly person?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You need to ask yourself if you have realistic expectations from your friendships. If this is a recurring theme, then you are part of the problem. There are people out there who will always be the givers, and there are those who are always the takers. It is best to try to be in the middle. All relationships have some give and take, that is what makes a relationship work. Example: If you walked into McDonalds and ordered a hamburger, fries and a coke, and paid the regular price, you would expect to receive a hamburger, fries and a coke. If you only got the fries, you would have been taken advantage of. Think of every relationship in the context of what you give and what you expect to get. And don't give more than you think is fair for what you are getting. Get your "burger, fries and coke".The other thing is to have realistic expectations of your relationships. Don't jump in with your whole heart before you know the other person is on the same page. Take things slow and have check points to assure you have your own needs met.Good Luck,James

What Guys Said 9

• When you're too nice people take advantage of you. That's why people who are assholes or bitches get promotions over the quiet nice people

• No, just stand up for yourself.

• You need to get new friends. You don't want friends where there is a hierarchy of authority. That's bullsh*t. I did that and I was at the bottom. They use you because it amuses them and they feel satisfaction because of their superiority.

• It doesn't mean that. It means knowing when to say no and when to say yes or ok. Have a look at my decision making question. You can look at it subjectively (emotionally charged) or objectively (goal charged). e.g. I have a business partner that made a decision to use extra packaging materials for our products. He was looking at it in an subjective view. He FELT that it was a good idea. I advised him that it wasn't based on an objective perspective (What was best for the business). Paying more for packaging is absurd. In the end he agreed.It also involves taking a look at yourself. Do you like helping people? I know I do. I was brought up with respect values. Are you quiet? If you're quiet maybe it's time for you make people notice you. I don't mean go all out and be a total slut, but you need earn their respect and vice versa. That comes through knowing who you are. If you don't know, think of it this way...Who do you want to be? Who do you admire and work from there.

• People take advantage of you because they sense that they can use you in any way shape or form to the benefit of themselves.It may be showing in your personality- You always say yes or okay- You never say no- You never stand up- You don't have clear principlesI'm not saying you are these...but you may see some truths here..Work on it, start learning to say no and not do what people always tell you.You learn that with experience, make it a daily habit, write it out on a notepad and recite it regularly. I was once the same, I still am sometimes but I'm waaay better for it now!

• well it seems more like this for this to stop you have to build up your guard how you do it is up to you but you must be in a set of mind where it does not effect you build your walls and it won't effect you as much it also come down to how you present yourself and your personallity for you not to take offense to peoples actions you must take the next step otherwize you will remain a step behind

• It's not about you being silly, when you think someone taken advantage of you then they probably are. to stop I would say be polite and tell them off you're back or be mean with them if they don't get the hint.

• People take advantage of you because you let them.

• because you let them do it. and it shows in ur personality.

• Many times people choose to take advantage of others because it is within the limits of the law. The victims remain helpless while the advantage takers are without conscience.People who like taking advantage of others are usually the Takers and they want you to do everything their way and for their benefit. They want you to listen to their problems but they aren’t interested in yours. They think only of themselves, seldom of others. They want to be the center of everyone’s attention, time and praise.Some people are givers and will give and give and give and never get anything back, it is just their way. Unfortunately these same people will often surround themselves with the "takers" and do not know when to say No. So they usually always get taken advantage of. It is sad but it is true.There are some people who take advantage of others just because they are mean, selfish, self centered people and they do it for all that they can get out of it.I would like to believe that most people, however, seem to take advantage of others just simply because they are the takers of the world and that is what they "know and do" and not because they are just mean spirited people.Most givers give of themselves so much usually because they are people pleasers and fear rejection, this makes them appear weak and thus they are perfect targets for the takers of our worldSome people are givers and will give and give and give and never get anything back, it is just their way. Unfortunately these same people will often surround themselves with the "takers" and do not know when to say No. So they usually always get taken advantage of. It is sad but it is true.There are some people who take advantage of others just because they are mean, selfish, self centered people and they do it for all that they can get out of it.I would like to believe that most people, however, seem to take advantage of others just simply because they are the takers of the world and that is what they "know and do" and not because they are just mean spirited people.Most givers give of themselves so much usually because they are people pleaser and fear rejection, this makes them appear weak and thus they are perfect targets for the takers of our world.Good Luck.- Harvey D

What Girls Said 2

• don't let others take advantage of you. become more educated or knowledgeable abot things and be more aware of your environment and people and therfore prevent people from taking advantage of you

• This is a smart and different idea I like it thanks

• they take advantage of you because you let them.have standards for yourself, and have some self esteem and don't let people take advantage of you. if your angry, let it be known. you know when you're being taken advantage of- so speak up