Is this a good reason to drop out of college?

A) What if you lost ALL the passion u had for ur major?
B) What if you want to trade spending a lot of money/time on college and instead put in 110% of your time starting your own business?
C) What if u think its pointless & a waste of money taking out student loans (that u have to pay back when u graduate) when you're heart & soul is not into college anymore?
However...
A) Your parents want u to stay in college.
B) You're about three semesters away from graduation (which leads to C)
C) If you're close to graduating that meant you spent all those time & money for nothing.

Considering both sides what would u do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say stick it out, while I think our education system is less then worthless the fact is companies and employers don't give you the time of day if you do not have a degree.(its stupid since a degree doesn't magicly confur intellect but what can you do). You already have the debt and just because you graduate doesn't mean you can't throw your self into something else upon graduating. You can start you own business afterwards and since you have a degree bansk and people in general will take you much more seriously then if you didn't have the degree. Its less then a year, if you grit your teeth and deal with it you don't have to worry about it for the rest of your life, and believe me going back to school is significantley harder to do when you get older and are paying rent and maintaining a job etc. Now is the optimal time and its just a short distance away. So I would advise sticking it out for now, then you will be free to do as you please. Either way good luck.

• Thanks for the encouragement! I was leaning more towards dropping out until I read these comments.

• Glad I could help. I know its frustrating (kind of already "alluded" to my feelings on it) but its better in the long run. Good luck with whatever it is you plan on doing I hope it works out for you.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Well, first see Bill Gates...

Second though, it's only three semesters. If it were me i'd double down get out faster with my degree and go on about whatever it was I wanted to do. It would only be another year and that really isn't much time. There is value in having that degree.

But the key is that you have to know you can get yourself through those last semesters. I know myself well enough that I could get through that much of any course study regardless whether I liked it or not so for me it would be a clear choice.

• With just 3 semesters to go work for your degree. You won't regret it even if you eventually are successful in your own business you'll have your degree to fall back on.

Many grads work in fields unrelated to their degrees. My cousin, a history major is personal assistant for a major city bazillionaire. He's buying condos, planes, trucks, decorating apartments and ordering caterers for reception events etc. But without a degree his boss wouldn't have given him a second look.

• Stay in college three semester isn't that long at all. You can switch it up and study something your really enjoy in grad school or look for a job after your graduate in a field that you are passionate about

• There is no good reason to drop out.

• Might as well finish so you can put an extra line on your resume. If you hadn't started it yet I'd probably just tell you to save your money.

• I dropped out and ended up living long sad life afterwards

• Have u ever gotten your GED?

• @Realfire22 That's good your doing better
      happy for you :D

• :3 Thank you 😊

What Girls Said 2

• Other than running into a high paying job no

• I thought about dropping out in second year but I figured that if I graduated at least I'd have something to fall back on if nothing else worked out.

• Did u graduate yet?

• Oh ok. You're almost there. All the best!

• Thanks 😊, you too