Do I have anorexia?

Do I have anorexia?
I obviously don't want to post a picture, so don't ask for one. I was thinking about this today because I said to one of my girls at work that I want to lose a few pounds and she looked at me really weird. She didn't even say anything she just gave me a "wtf?" face.
So these are the symptoms of anorexia according to WebMD:

"What Are the Symptoms of Anorexia?
Features associated with anorexia may include:

Significant weight loss as a result of restricting food intake
Fear of becoming fat, even when obviously too thin
Distorted body image
Excessive dieting and exercising
Abnormal food preoccupations, such as counting all calories or obsessively studying cookbooks
Constipation
Dry, yellowish skin
Dental decay
Fine, downy hair growing on the face and arms
Menstrual periods that become irregular or stop completely
Mood swings and anxiety
Suppression of sexual desire
Cold hands and feet at normal room temperature
Sleep difficulties
Hyperactivity
Frequent digestive problems, infections, or other illnesses.
Physical problems that include anemia, heart palpitations, bone loss, and tooth decay."

I have been lowering my weight, but not overly so, I definitely have a HUGE fear of becoming fat, when I look in the mirror I look far heavier than I desire to be, I diet, I excercise, I often don't eat all day then indulge in something super unhealthy, I've noticed the hair on my legs has gotten thinner when growing back although I assumed it was due to standing too much at work, I have the most irregular periods ever, I have horrible anxiety, suppressed sexual desire, my feet and hands are always cold, I never sleep (posting this at 2:30 am), when at work I'm constantly figeting and moving around even when I don't need to.

I'm 5'7 and 115 pounds, could I have anorexia nervosa?

Most Helpful Girl

• Coning from someone who has had anorexia for most of her life, and who has met many other girls who also have it while in treatment centers, you don't have anorexia. You also technically don't meet the criteria to be diagnosed, so you're fine.

What Guys Said 2

• I am that height and I am 20 lbs above you and I am considered "normal weight" and I am not supposed to have boobs. Just an fyi.

• You're supposed to have muscle though, just an FYI.

• As a woman of X < 18, you could probably be heavier too. Your BMI is under 18.5, after all.

• Lmao you missed the point entirely xD

• Yes. Human beings live because they eat all day.

Think about it. search professional help, see a psicologist.

What Girls Said 4

• Well you are underweight for your height by.5. You definitely have a problem that should be addressed, but you should go to a doctor for a real diagnosis. I have EDNOS - Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I am in the anorexia nervosa category of EDNOS where I don't fit the exact criteria for all of it, but I still have the same symptoms. For ex., I am still at a healthy weight for my height so I am not anorexic just yet. I suffer from almost all of the above symptoms, though. You should really get some help.

• You're really too thin for your height. I think you should talk to your doctor about all these concerns.

• It's hard to tell, you should go to a doctor. Maybe it's not anorexia but some other eating disorder. I'm 5'7'' as well and there was a time in my life where I used to weigh 105 pounds and my doctor was pretty worried... so I would check with a doctor if I were you. Anorexia is a mental disorder and shouldn't be taken lightly.

• 5'7 and 105 lbs isn't dangerously bad for a female of your age bracket so that is surprising your doctor was concerned about it. It is under the threshold but considering your age and likely metabolic rate it isn't anything I personally would ever be worried about unless it comes attached with a disorder.

• As I said, anorexia isn't just about weight. I know the criteria is that you have to be below a certain weight to be considered "anorexic". And, sadly, when girls finally meet the criteria, the health of the patient is usually really deteriorated. Needless to say, I don't think that criteria is ok and, besides that, anorexia is mental disorder... so you can have a normal weight but still be developing anorexic tendencies. On the other hand, yes, I was underweight. My bmi was 16.4 (and that's not normal, not even for teens) but let's say it's is normal... you have to take into account how many weight the person has lost recently and how quickly it happened, how their eating habits and behavior has changed in the last months, etc... etc... As a doctor, you can't just treat people who are dangerously thin... you have to prevent them from reaching that point.

• Uhm, yes.

A person with anorexia will want to weigh as little as possible much less than is healthy for their age and height. They are so afraid of gaining weight they cannot eat normally.

You may also stop having your period.