Have you ever been to a country that drives on the other side of the road to your own and driven there?

If so how werid did it feel and how fast did you get use to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I have not driven there.
    Do you break with the left or the right foot when the driver's seat is on the right side of the car?

• Well in New Zealand we drive on the left side of the road and the driver's seat is on the right side of the car and they say here you always break with the right foot as breaking with left they say is dangerous. I think that is what they say. If your car is a manual you need the left foot to work the clutch in cars in New Zealand. However, I am guessing in your country this is all different?

• Yeah, my boyfriend is the same as you. I only notice the expensive cars because they are lower, but even there I get the brand wrong all the time lol My boyfriend would say look at that Porsche and I'm like.. where? lol

• It is like anything really. The more interested you are in it the more you will take in, know and notice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but only in cabs or car services. It was different. I felt like I would always be turning into the wrong lane.
    A friend of mine who doesn't drive went to England. She said she kept walking to the right side of the car & her friends kept telling her "wrong side"

• Yes I don't drive either so I would probably keep walking to the left hand side of the car in your country and have someone I was with keep telling me "wrong side of the car" to.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, a lot.
    Driving on the "wrong" side of the road comes completely naturally, almost immediately - particularly when there's a lot of other traffic around.
    Getting used to the gear stick being on the wrong side is the only awkward part (along with occasional nonsensical local customs, such as the whole "priorité a droite" thing in France - and the fact that most people in mainland Europe simply aren't very good at driving).

• Well I see you are from the UK, I am from New Zealand so the gear stick think would not be a problem for you in my country.