Why do insects exsist?

They have no purpose in life

I'm not talking about bees, I'm talking about bugs such as stink bugs

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• insects existed before mankind (Based on genome sequencing data, it is estimated that the class of insects originated on Earth about 480 million years ago) and I presume cockroaches will survive long after the last human dies.

Why do other animals like humans exist?

• You don't need a purpose to exist. Why do you exist? What purpose do you serve? What about the guy next door? His dog, random guy in the street, corporate drones, homeless dude, mob boss?

You don't need a purpose to live. It doesn't matter if the universe needs you or not, what matters is that you want to be, therefore you are.

• They maintain the balance of environment coz there are some things eat them and aunts have buildings under the ground and engineers and army and stuff

• That's mean of you to say. I hope they aren't listening :P
    And they do have a purpose, to feed my plants >:)
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../VFT-redtinge-Jul+13+09.JPG

• Yes they do have a purpose. Example. Bees are insects too. Flowers use bees to spread their seeds. If there were no more bees you can imagine that those flowers would become instinct pretty soon.
    In the end, all life on earth (how insignificant it may seem) has a purpose.

• Do you like to eat fruits and vegetables? Guess what pollinates the plants to make that happen? Insects. Have you eaten fish or other sea food? Chances are, Insects fed what you are eating. Do you like the idea of fecal matter, decaying animal matter, among other rotting things laying around? No? I don't either. Insects help to biodegrade those things in nature. They are a part of life's cycle. It is our encounters with them that are most annoying. But they are a necessary part of life..

• Actually they do, they are all part of the food chain, without which there would be a huge and catastrophic change in the food and ecosystem eventually meaning we would die out.

• Go back to high school biology class and this time pay attention to the leason, not the boys.

Everything on this planet exists for a reason, if they didn't have a reason to be they would have gone extinct a long time ago.

• because they evolved just like everything else there is obviously an evolutionary reason they evolved the way they are

• Same reason why humans exist.

• Did you not do biology?

• why does the windblow

• I'm the food chain most living things have things that they eat and have things that eat them

• To bug you.

• stay in school

What Girls Said 5

• Um, they actually do - bees for instance are absolutely crucial to our ecosystem, once they go extinct most life on Earth will die with them.

• bees make honey

• Maybe they have a purpose but we don't know..

• Birds eat them, what else are birds suppose to eat?

• They actually do have a purpose. We wouldn't be able to live whitout most of them.