Is this true? I'm about to have a funeral... 😭?

My phone has died :[!

I read online that I can fix my fried phone by placing it in a container filled with alcohol for a few minutes and then placing it in another container filled with rice?

I think i fried my phone... it got wet, i used it while it was wet and then it died on me...
now it won't turn on at all...

Is the above true? can alcohol and rice really revive it, or will it only make it worse?

or another method that you know of?

• Yes it works.
  • It doesn't work.

Most Helpful Guy

• Rice works because it absorbs the moisture out of the phone without getting too much in the way of particles inside.

as for alcohol... Possibly. Something pretty pure (ethanol say) would clear off a lot of corrosion and carbonisation from a short... but I have no idea how it would effect certain parts like the screen. I have used a similar method to repair old (cheap) solar cells though. (alcohol soak, shake, rice). Any alcohol which isn't pure (basically anything sold as drinking wouldn't be strong enough) will leave crystals and particulates inside so you would want to use the strongest stuff you can get and swill with water afterwards if you can't get pure alcohol (from a chemical suppliers).

Hell if the phone is bricked, take the sim and battery out, and give it a shot.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• If it was exposed to water and turned off immediately after that or the battery was removed then placing it without the battery in a very high percentage concentration of alcohol will dry out the water from the phone. I know people who have used that method before and it worked. I have heard about putting the phone in rice for 24 hours and it draws the water out but I don't know how successful that has been.

• The alcohol method works because it was something a professor taught during my electrical circuits class I had taken.

• 1. Take out battery and dont put the back back on
    2. Put phone and battery in a bag of rice and put it in a warm dry place eg airing coboard
    3. Leave for a long time eg 24 hours
    4. Put it back together and try turn it on
    5. If it works yay if not put it back and repeat
    6. If it still doesn't work then i think its done for sorry :(

• My cousin's phone died from her dropping it in the toilet and she placed it in all rice
    and removed the battery from it and that worked for her but the alcohol is the first i heard

• i have heard of this did't really work for the electronics i tired it on but sunlight seems to work but your screen might be screwed for good if water gets in it hard to get it out but then again i don't know the anatomy of your phone good luck and god speed!

• I've heard of the rice saying but not alcohol... wouldn't really make sense to make it more wet lol

• I hear if you put it in a microwave the new software on it will help it back to the light.
    -4chan
    ps don't do it

• LoL No, of course that won't work. Silly

• Now who told u to do that? HowToBasic xD?

• The rice can help but it's more than likely dead. Hope you opted for the insurance plan.

• Rice yes, alcohol no - will just make it worse, liquids and electronics don't mix

What Girls Said 2

• put it a bag of rice the rice will dry up the water

• put it in rice, not in alcohol though!