More sympathy for animals?

I'm sure I'm not the only one. If I saw my friend get a cut on his hand, then I'd say: "Your fault, bruh." But if one of my precious rabbits got a cut on their little paw, I'd be all over it, trying to make it better. Can you honestly say it's easier hitting a dog than a human? What i'm getting at here is that when animals get hurt, or even die, I feel more sad. I cried while burying my dog and not while burying my Grandma. Why? Does anyone else connect with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep! I guess it's because animals don't fully understand the world around them, so they won't understand why they just got electrocuted for example, they didn't know or see the danger or how to avoid it. A human does know so I would expect them not to injure themselves. I think this goes for most people tbh. I'm not a very sympathetic person at the best of times though.

Most Helpful Guy

• I only cry or get really sad when it has to do something with animals dying and the only thing that ever mad me feel any type of sympathy for a person is this lol
    http://youtu.be/lEq0oV21tHI

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I can relate 100%. I care about animals WAY more than I do about people. Sorry not sorry.

• No. Humans are more valuable then animals. I rolled my eyes when Clark Kent's dad went back to save the dog in the Superman movie. Then there was a video where these two vets went into a burning building to save some dogs. I could understand for a human but not an animal. Makes me think you don't value your life.

• I think animals are more loyal than humans, are cuter in every regard, and are innocent.

• Not automatically. It's give and take. Just like humans. I don't agree with them being cuter and innocent in every aspect.

• If my pet dies.. I would cry for a month.. I get attached to animals cuz their love is pure..

• Not really.. I mean I would be sad if Falcor or Buffy (my cats) died tomorrow.. But I won't really cry..

• On I'm like that but I tell my friend suck it up😊

What Guys Said 4

• I only feel this with people I genuinely care for, and pets too. Like they're animals, so much animal abuse goes on and the so called punishments are bull! I like animals more though. If you help a dog, its comes back despite being hurt to love you again. Hurt a person, might have fucked them over for life.

Reason why I'm going to college to be a vet. Not nearly enough vets these days, apparently they're not important enough.

• You could say we develop stronger emotions to our animals because unlike people, creatures like dogs have absolute loyalty and love towards you no matter what, and that kind of devotion is unheard of in a human being.

• I remember this one time our teacher asked the class if we'd rather save a puppy or a baby from a burning building. Most of the class said the puppy without hesitation and the ones that didn't asked "How cute is the puppy?" 😂😂

• xD I'd save both. I'd kill myself in the process if I had to. Just for that puppy and baby.

• I felt like this before, but only towards my pets