What's your view of black people saying the n-word?

• It's okay if you're black.
  • Being black makes it no less disrespectful.

Most Helpful Girl

• People are free to say whatever they want. However, I'd rather see that word relegated to the scrap heap of history. Using it keeps it alive. I'm well aware that black people use it in a different context but as long as it is still around, it will be used negatively by many.

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh. It's a word.
    I don't like the word, I don't use it. I don't see that it's my place to police anyone elses patterns of speach.
    If some black people want to 'claim' the word and use it to their own ends, more power to them. As long as they accept that by normalising the word they are allowing other people to use the word. That's how not being racist works.

What Girls Said 5

• I think its fine as long as its in a friendly way like "What up ma niga?" But not when its a racial slur "That n** stole from me!" Thats just my views on it.

• I heard from black people that they don't care who says it as long as it ends with an A bc if it ends in a er it's rasict.

• Oh dear.. Here we go

• They are oppressing themselves

• I find it unsophisticated. I've met a lot of black people in college who speak normal. They don't curse or use that word and they sound educated and well spoken. To me, I find people who use that often tasteless.

What Guys Said 11

• I find it to be very hypocritical, and very ignorant on their part. Considering their long fought war to end the oppression that followed suit with that word, and now to throw it around like it's dude or something is severely disrespecting to themselves and their ancestors, but that's just my opinion. If they want to say it, they can go right ahead.

• KNEE-GROWS!
    KNEE-GROWS!
    KNEE-GROWS!

• In my opinion if I can't say it neither should they. So i voted the second option. However i think people worry to much about what is and isn't racist or what does (nearly everything) and doesn't (pretty much nothing) offend them. In my opinion people honestly need to shut the heck up and quit trying to be the center of attention. Take care of you and your shit and don't worry about anything else.

• I don't care one way or the other. I just think it's a stupid word. It will never fully get the hatred and racism detached from it.

• I think it's stupid but I really don't care enough to do anything about it.

• I don't care. Any individual of any race can use it for all I care.

• doesn't matter to me... I dont question it

• i think, fuck it, say what you want, but understand what weight those words hold

• It's a complete double standard. It's basically counter-racism by saying white people can't use it but black people can.

• Why do white people want to be able to use the word so badly? What exactly will you get out of it?

• I just say it if it's part of a song.

• It instantly makes me think less of them as intelligent human beings.