Is Intelligence Alpha/Dominant? Opinions?

Tired of everyone talking about Alpha/Beta/Delta traits...
I think intelligence/drive makes you dominant in the long run.
Sure handsome muscle men fuck a lot of girls in their 20's, but they have no ambition and their life probably peaks at that age too.
Intelligence/drive is the men driving Lambo's / rich and retired in their 40's with the meatheads working for them on their payroll. And when you have cash, you can fuck anything you want...
DOMINANT species in water = orca/killer whale, intelligence..
DOMINANT species on land =humans, iintelligence...

• yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, I may not be the girl who goes to all the parties or gets the most attention in the club. But I'd rather focus on school and be the one who gets to travel and can afford a house at a young age. I partied enough in high school because high school didn't cost thousands of dollars a year! There's girls my age who dropped out of high school to party more or didn't get into university and now they are settling down in low income housing and starting families. Excuse me if I'd rather wait until I can provide for a family! I support people having a choice but if you can't afford to feed yourself! don't have kids and make them suffer with you that's not fair! I just find it funny how the popular kids who were too cool for anyone else are now struggling to finish high school

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's my problem. Why can't you be muscular and be intelligent?

• Lol, of course you can.
      Depends how much free time you can spare for the gym if your very ambitious/career driven

What Girls Said 7

• Hard work does have value, but it's not a mark of intelligence. Getting girls does take intelligence and that is a mental effort all of its own. You need to figure out how to approach and treat women in order to build relationships with them.
    We're an emotional, insecure sex, so this is a complex issue a man has to tackle all on its own and it's the part of his smarts that matters more than his earning skill.

Yeah if you're hardworking and any have any brains, you're gonna earn well. But money card alone won't do anything for you, but attract women who only want to use you and dump as soon as you're not of any use anymore.

I know a guy like that. He's spent his life working and studying for what he has, but has the social skills of a child. All he thought he needed to do was tell me what he owns, how much he earns and what he does. It was so insulting and unattractive.

Yes women look at earning skill because competent providers attract us. We are safety-seeking after all. But that doesn't have to mean you're smart, nor does it mean you'll get any woman you want only because you aged and earned more.

I know for a fact that I and my female peers are all creeped out by older men approaching us, thinking we're gold diggers. I'm sure there are girls out there into older men genuinely (and daddy issues might be more common in the West), but most of the time, it's just so disturbing.

As for fucking? Yeah, you can fuck more women for sure.

• You think it's intelligent to drive a specific type of car and fuck women who are too stupid to work and make their own way in life, so they admire you and live through you. You think it's smart to fuck dumb bitches and feed of of dumb people, how difficult is that... it's like beating up a disabled person and then bragging about it.

I guess we're all entitled to our own opinion of intelligence.

I consider intelligence someone who empathetic, who makes me think outside of my comfort zone and question my strong opinions, someone who is ok just being happy with life and enjoying the people they share it with instead of constantly admiring monetary things and getting off on their superiority over dumb people because they drive a better car.

• Everyone is in it for themselves, that's a fact.
      People get walked over all the time, empathy gets you no where in life

• Yeah, my ambition is to be happy with the small things, enjoy my life with my nice, my best friends, my boyfriend, my pets, you know actual people, who have real feelings about me and not what type of car I drive.

• I guess so? This isn't a topic I'm an expert in because I find people who talk about "alpha/beta/delta" males tiresome.

• I'm sensing a incoming shitstorm

• Only from meathead personal trainers who have just learnt to read and realize their life has peaked already

• The only people talking about alpha anything are stupid male anons or those stupid sexist bodybuilding. com freaks

• Going to put it point blank. We are a species are attracted by muscular healthy men because we see them ass the ones to protect and pregnant us, biologically; it's the same as men being attracted to Wemon with large breast and hips. However socially we like intelligent men or successful men because it reflects long term care... Personally I prefer a man who can hold his own in a debate because I enjoy sharing thoughts but each person is drove depending on how their immediate needs.

• I said no because it takes more than intelligence and money to be an alpha male like confidence and ambition.

• That's what I say, intelligence and drive

• most of what you said was about how intelligent guys will some day be rich guys who l will be the bosses of the guys who were getting girls in their 20s while the intelligent guys will get girls in their 40s which I can't help but feel there's a bitter tone in that since that was not even necessary to prove your point. But yeah I said confidence simply because there are successful guys that still fail with women due to their low confidence that puts them in a cycle of being inexperienced while having low self esteem.

What Guys Said 12

• Being judgmental at all?

The problem is that working in an office is really unhealthy. So you need some kind of exercise to keep healthy. Higher paying jobs also tend to be stressful with a lot of pressure and deadlines. You need a way to offset that.

Intelligence does not in any way mean you'll get rich. It helps, but it's not even close to the largest factor. Other traits (plural) are more important.

Working out at a gym doesn't mean someone is a meat head either. Most of those guys probably do work in offices. I'd also guess that a majority of people at the gym have college degrees. Plus, some traits of a body builder are also good traits for success in other areas.

Personally I don't think there's a real strong correlation between intelligence and alpha.

• I am being vague, didn't even put close to as much thought into it as you..
      Just basically at the end of the day, brains will beat brawn in life the majority of the time

• Not sure I agree. It's not like they are mutually exclusive. But even if they were, I'm still not sure I agree. That's just talking from experience and knowing lots of people in both categories.

You are also using what's close (but not quite) a circular argument. You haven't defined alpha. Yet it seems to be biased in the direction of supporting your argument.

It's just that in my experience, intelligence is not all that good of an indicator for success. Other things are definitely more important.

• That's were I disagree. I think the two most important traits are intelligence and drive

• For every one of us, there are a million insects. From Collective Biomass on Earth, Insects definitely weigh more than us. They are drones, lead by pheromones, not intelligent. If they had the directive, insects could own humanity and survive. I hate bugs.

You're obviously troubled by the meatheads. The same thing that makes white people want to dance in unison, is linked to people placing someone or indicative behavior into a category. Did you hear these Greek inspired divisions from Psych professionals? Probably not.

• You like the sound of your own voice don't you.
      How far has making assumptions about people got you in life?
      I never indicated if I was actually a meathead/ intelligent or neither

• I never said I disliked them, I just said they are inferior and not as dominant in the long run

• Well, I just feel bad that you haven't met intelligent warrior poets or the rich immigrants who don't usually employ "meatheads" but instead basically subjugate kinsmen for valet type work. I agree that education and hard work are important when you're young, so you can benefit from it later as an old fart if you're lucky.

• Brains are the driving factor of human dominance on planet Earth. To our benefit and detriment brains have made us powerful... So yes, it is actually the ultimate dominate trait.

• PS Humans dominated the oceans as well... Sadly we have become too efficient at hunting marine life. We're driving many species towards extinction...

• I hate the designation of "alpha" males because I think it is some self-serving crap, but. . . success is a combination of intelligence and motivation. Intelligence alone is not enough.

• Yes but running a big company or being a Nobel prize winner isn't the only way to become rich and fuck anything that moves.

If you're a successful sports player you can achieve extremely early retirement as well as the adoration of millions.
    So brute strength and natural ability still does the job.

• They have the drive I mentioned, plus great genes..
      Massive ups for their drive/determination

• WOMEN ONLY CARE ABOUT THE NOW!

So what if your smart... is your brain making you a bunch of money? No.

Also most rich men AREN'T smart they are sociopaths without limits. They cut corners and break the rules.

If you have money right now, muscles right now then women will like you. Women don't really care about future things.

• No limits/cut corners/breaking the rules
      DOMINANT behaviour , chasing after what you want by using whatever means necessary ie guile/aggresivness/intelligence/manipulation

• Here's the thing no one gives a crap about alphas or betas because they were made up to appease peoples abnormally large egos.

• I am a muscular guy and I have been offered to skip grades several times (refused them), so I guess people could see me as intelligent.
    I just wanted to say that these traits, on their own, do not make you dominant or submissive. It has a lot more to do with your behavior and how you interact with people.
    The fact that we no longer use hierarchical and (openly) competitive male rituals to impress women puts the very need for domination in question. You have much better chances of seducing a person with how you treat them, than with the size of your muscles or the number of published scientific articles.

• This is irrelevant of seduction.
      It's more the total journey in one's life

• Intelligence won't get you girls like meatheads do... sorry man. Even if you have your money, but are still insecure and passive, you may get women, but they will be fucking the pool boy behind your back. Use your intelligence in an assertive and ambitious way, be a go getter, and then you may bridge the jock-nerd gap.

• Who said I am trying to bridge the jock-nerd gap?
      Another assumption

• I meant it as a general thing. I didn't mean to come off as directly at you. But now, I will make the assumption.

• When you say alpha I immediately think of those meatheads going to the GYM.

• perhaps... but then they may not care about the big bucks... or perhaps stop being bitter and get over it.

• Am I bitter? Sorry do you know me?

• no, but then it seems you have that feelings.. dduuh..

• Just been watching house of cards all day tbh

• you can't be dominate if you don't think