Do you really care about other people?

I do. It's just part of who I am, I think words hurt more than actual words, I always think before I say or write something to someone.

I believe that before we can care about others, we need to be able to care about ourselves. We cannot give to others, something we do not have in ourselves, and if we try to do so, we may be deceiving ourselves.

than actual actions*

and that even sounds wrong! -.-

forget *actual words* and replace it by *actions*

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually do genuinely care about other people and want to help them out. That's why I did Yahoo Answers for awhile, answering a lot of relationship questions and what not, and that is why I do GAG now. I do like giving advice when I can and trying to fix problems people may have. Partly, I probably harbor some selfish motives of making myself feel better by helping others, but a majority of it simply wanting to help. Hopefully my advice actually helps at least someone on GAG or just in real life lol

In response to your second paragraph...
    Also, it is kind of odd about how I feel about myself. I think I'm still able to give advice to others just fine because I do in fact care about myself. While I may be going through a rough patch of life now and feel kinda sad, I truly want myself to be better and feel better. I just haven't found a solution yet. Even if I am sad or going through a rough patch however, I feel like I can still do good things on GAG or in real life. I'm not out of the game yet :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I care about people, i've always been very empathetic and sensitive and sometimes it really sucks being that way lol

I don't have patience for ignorant, rude people though and I do call them out on that shit.

• I know love, sometimes it does suck but oh well, that's how we are :)

• thank you! Also when did they add this MHO girl/guy thing? where have I been lol

• I noticed it today also love!

What Guys Said 21

• I don't know - I think I am just naturally empathetic - I honestly don't think about it - I am a good listener and I respond instintively - People say I give good advice - I am not bragging it is just the way I am - It is a case of whatever it is "If it is not broken, don't fix it" - Really all the best things about me are pure natural, if you asked me why I am doing it I wouldn't have a clue, to me it just works.
    img.picturequotes.com/.../...cting-and-quote-1.jpg

• you do give great advice, specially to me :)

• Thank you for the kind words - You are very special and very supportive to a lot of people too that is why you are so well liked on here

• yes GAG made me develop some empathy... and it grows day-by-day... really :)

that's good i guess :)

• I genuinely care about people, who don't dislike me or hate me for anybreason.

If a person dislikes or hates me , the worst can happen to them and I don't even care. I would think "that person disliked / hated me anyway, why should I care if something bad happens to them?"

• I like to think I do, but really thinking about it, it's usually for self-respect. I help people or make people happier because it helps my self image as being important and a good person, and that brings me more comfort than the fact that the person is better off than they were, if that makes sense. Now always the case though.

• in the general sense, yes.

• Yes I do, I'm usually good at feeling what someone else is feeling. What's the difference between words and actual words?

• I care about everyone to an extent just the way I am I guess -shrugs-, some more then others though.

• Yep i always care how others feel

• Yes I care for others

• nah fam i only care about myself, yh fam?

• in a way, I do.

• not really, i dont. well not about people here, i dont know them.

• People are often surprised by the fact I can care as much for a friend as defend my own interests.
    I can really enjoy it when a friend has some luck in life or when I can help :D

• On the internet, god no.
    In person, I worry too much about how they think and feel, it often leaves me stifled.

• Sometimes, it depends on my mood. A lot of times I don't care.

• Yes I do in a weird way I might take a bullet for someone I don't know

• I never did and I never will!

• Not really.

• girls don't care if he is stranger n my experience.

• I used to care about people and their problems. I had no backbone or spine back then. Now, Yeah sure on the surface a givethem a helping hand, but it doesn't mean as much

• I want other people to be happy and I am fair by nature but I don't allow them to take advantage or manipulate me. If I think someone is trying to use me I can turn my sympathy off like a faucet.

What Girls Said 9

• i mean i care about others but i can't baby other people by stepping on egg shells when i talk. of course i care if I've hurt others feelings but i wouldn't directly come out and insult them or do it intentional. i say things i mean because i mean them. i have no idea if any of what i said makes any sense but i tried.

• Meh.
    I don't care for most people.

• I'm somewhat empathetic but probably not as much as I should be

• I think that we need eachother

• yes i do sometimes

• I do. But sometimes I think my shyness can take over. A lot of times I'm too nervous to help other people and I just feel so awkward around them!

• I'm not really empathetic. I wish I was. I do try to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

• If I'm honest? Not really. I like helping people because it makes me feel good. There are probably a handful of people I care about, but mostly for selfish reasons. I'm honest, kind and caring because it helps my image and the person (win-win).

• Yes i do genuinely care about other people. I get upset whenever i see others feeling emotionally discouraged. I try to relate to how they must feel and try my best to alleviate their pain , so they don't feel so alone in their despair.

I like people to know that even if i can't solve their problem... they sure don't need to face it alone. A few words of comfort could be the starting place for someone to rebuild their life