Starting uni tomorrow and im nervous, Any advice?

im starting to feel nervous about starting my first day at uni tomorrow. From januray to June this year i actually went to uni, but since i didn't start in the fall semester i did attend det so called "Fadderuka" which basically is a week where the newest student are putt into groups, where the older student show them around etc so that people get a better chance of making friends. I didn't make a lot of friends, people were nice and i had people to talk to during class, but that was it and i sat alone a lot.

Now im starting at the fall semester so i will meet people who study the same as me and is basically in the same boat as me. Im postiv it will make it way easier for me to make good, close friends, but a part of me is a bit worried i'll not make friend or that i won't find guys to date etc.

I have no problems talking to strangers, but i im pretty sure im to going sleep very little tonight.. So any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• well, at the beginning of each year most colleges usually have some kind of 'university clubs' day. If you are worried about meeting new people, go to this event and sign up for clubs you think are interesting. You'll definitely find new friends this way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn why do americans Start uni so early lol? Anyway im from the UK and I'll be starting mid September. Im nervous as always when starting somewhere new. The trick is to talk to people who sit near u straight away. When your sitting already and someone sits a seat away get talking because at uni people are desperate for freinds like anywhere else and nobody wants to look like a loner. Also the longer u wait to talk to the person next to u the more awkward it will be. Everyone is nervous. And a trick I do is to tag onto the first person u have a full convo with because the chances are they'd appreciate it too. And by the way when ur in a Convo dont stay a acquaintance ask for there numbers or ask to get coffee nobody delines. I went to a sixth form where everybody knew eachother and I was a stranger. Everyone had cliques and I had to try and it worked out well. Im curious are you a white girl because if you are u shouldn't Have a problem considering white girls yap and yap when they first meet eachother and next thing u know SLEEPOVERS lol I say this because im white lol.

• Im actually not American and im not white either.. but 99% of all the friends I have are white so im white within lol

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you will have any problems. As you said you have no ''problems talking to strangers''... It's fine if you don't make any friends at the start of uni, the people are just new to everybody but as time goes you will all be transition from strangers to people you will be used to seeing and be comfortable with. As long as you can communicate, it wouldn't be a problem. It would just develop and make friends with the people you are surrounded with everyday.

• Relax, im sure you've felt this feeling before. Happens anytime something new is happening. Just try to enjoy yourself and embrace that new atmosphere feeling.

What Girls Said 0