When you were little did you want to be like everyone else or did you want to stand out?

What were you out of these two and what did you want to be?

• I wanted to be like everyone else and I was.
  • I wanted to be like everyone else, but I wasn't.
  • I wanted to stand out, but I didn't.
  • I wanted to stand out and I did.

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through a stage when i was little i got mad when my sister and our cousin
    who is also a girl went into the bathroom together well this is common with girls
    especially when they are young and i yelled at them i wish i was a girl yes kids
    go through all kinds of stages in life so silly now that i think about it ,

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a weirdo that stood out like a sore thumb but not in a good way. I don't want to be like everybody but I don't want to be an outcast either... Is there a silver lining?😁

• Yup, the same story with me...
      A silver lining? You'll do much better in college. =)

What Guys Said 9

• I seriously don't think I ever thought about it. I'm thinking hard about when I was a kid and I don't think something like that ever occurred to me. I don't think it even crossed my mind how I might compare to other kids.

When I was older, like in my teens, I wondered a little if other people liked me. But it still was not in a comparative way, comparing myself to other people.

• I definitley stood out as a child due to certain childhood trauma but it was never my intention. I was to busy doing my own thing to really care about what others thought, so for me there was no question of trying to fit in or trying to stand out, I just, was. I was me and it really didn't seem like there was a need to be any diffrent then that.

• I've always been the "eyes on me!" kind of person.

As a child, I always had to do thing differently
    though with efficiency.

I also had a tendency to suddenly disappear
    only to be found sitting on a roof, or in a tree
    where people couldn't get to. ^.~

• I wanted to be invisible, really. I don't know if that was 'like everyone else,' but I was a paranoid kid...

• I wanted to stand out and I did.

• I wanted to fit in so badly, but never did.

Now, I try to just go incognito but my loud ass personality pretty much makes that impossible.

• I wanted to be one of the lads. Sadly everyone thought I was rich and kept their distance because I was well spoken, even though in reality I was one of the poorer students...

• Well when I was a little I had no concept of blending in or standing out so I really have no idea.

• Wanted to and did it

What Girls Said 0