Girls, Would you press charges?

On your older after he drags you down the stairs by your hair and you didn't even hit him at all?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• On my "older"?
    Personally, I probably wouldn't press charges on family ever out of loyalty. Unless I get stabbed or shot (which would NEVER happen in my family), then I would not ruin their future and expose them to the flawed justice system then later barbaric culture of jail/prison. In that situation, I would give them the greatest look of disappointment with the biggest puppy dog eyes I could muster then walk out and not speak to them for months. But that's just me. There are occasional times where I don't mind swallowing my pride and taking a hit for a certain type of outcome. I look at things in the big picture and considering my family, that would be EXTREMLY out of character so I wouldn't make them pay for it with a smeared record.

What Girls Said 7

• Is this type of violent behaviour and aggression out of character for him? If so, then perhaps not... but make sure he kmows thay if he ever touches you like thay again you won't hesitate to send his ass to jail.

If violence or agggression are typical of him (even if it's the first time he's hurt YOU in particular) I think he needs to face the consequences.

• This is hard, was he drunk? On drugs? If so tell him to get his shit together or you're going to cut all contact. I'm sure you're angry but sending him to jail will ruin his life. Try to reason with him or have your parents talk to him if you're on fence. Then base your reaction on his response. If he genuinely feels remorse he'll care enough to change. Otherwise just cut all contact. I had a similar experience and cut contact for a year and he is totally different now. I know what he did hurts him and he regrets it especially now that he's sober/clean and thinking straight. You're going to have to think about it hard and really weigh your options.

• Yes. I would. That type of behaviour should not be tolerated under any circumstances. Better yet, get the fuck out of that house!

• I don't love live there just visiting

• Press those charges girl! He doesn't deserve your loyalty.

• His ass would be in prison before he could apologize.

• older? i dunoo.. if it was just the dragging then no

• Yup I sure would

• Yes, thats not okay