Am I pathetic I'm happy over a 'C'?

I got a "C" in one of my courses, and I am SO happy.

I used to be a great student.

Now... I don't know.

But I actually thought I may fail that course... it's been such a nightmare.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think pathetic is the right word. If you used to be a great student and now you feel happy to get a C, then something has changed. What has changed and why? Furthermore, do you really care, or do you only care because you think you are supposed to?

Giving it a name like pathetic, or whatever, isn't really important is it? You need to find out what's going on and why. Until you know the answer then you can't do anything about it other than cross your fingers and hope it gets better through sheer luck.

So what's going on? There is more than what you are saying.

Most Helpful Girl

• C is the average I think. I think D is below average. Having a C is better (score wise) it's enough for you to understand and interpret the topic/subject at a level where you can incorporate it in everyday life or future career pathways.

I think you are just happy that you passed lol especially if I was paranoid about not getting good marks in a certain subject, I would be over the moon that I got a C

What Guys Said 6

• Well it might be pathetic it might not. I've had classes where I was ecstatic to walk away with a C, but they were brutal or I just ticked them off the check list but then I really didn't care what my grade was in that case so I wouldn't have described myself as ecstatic.

• Depends on the course. Sometimes a C is fine, if its like Organic Chem or something.

Maybe you've picked the wrong major. Maybe you need to learn to study more effectively. Maybe you had a jerk professor. Who knows

• http://i.lvme.me/dwr390h.jpg

No, but I feel you're an underachiever.

• I got one C in 7th grade. My first C. It all went to hell after that.

• You don't have to retake it and you get credit and you never have to deal with it again so just being past it probably feels great.

• Good:) Thats one step closer to getting back up on your horse

What Girls Said 4

• No you are not. Let me tell you, I have been an A student my whole life before highschool. I never really needed to try. Last year, I took AP US History, and it was the hardest class ever. I taught myself to actually work, and studied my ass off every semester. My final grade was a C and I was never prouder. So long as you worked for that C, and it was the best you could do, you should be happy with yourself.

• Ofcourse it's a good thing you're happy considering you thought you were going to fail, it's such a relief that you didn't x

• Everyone has a course they struggle with at least once that's completely okay... for me it was cooking but the teacher liked me so yeah she was chill

• Like I have an 88% average in Biology right now but my diploma exam tomorrow is worth 50% of my entire mark which is completely cruel and they are finally changing those to be worth 20% next year ( so I was too late :( ) but stupid shit like ONE exam could bring down your mark! It's totally understandable especially if it was something you struggled with to being with! You fought through a course you probably hated and it's over and you did it you have the right to be happy!

• God I hate it when teachers do crap like that. I never had a final test be worth 50% but I had a class where it was 33%. You could go hypothetically from a 100 to a 67. I mean what if you had an incident or accident happen before the test happens that day? An entire semester of hard work thrown away in one afternoon.

• EXACTLY. And it's actually the government who sets the test.

• Not pathetic.
    Just always aim to get good grades. We've all been there.