Study tips for college students?

Any advice would be helpful. I'm so bad at studying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go to the library after class and look over the notes. It's best to study right after class while the information is fresh in your mind and you can cement it for good in your brain. A lot of times people understand concepts that are taught to them in class but then when they go to study a day or two later they forgot the method behind the concept and just can't figure it out.

Study a little bit each day so you don't end up studying for several painful hours the day before something is due or tests/quizzes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Find a place where you like the atmosphere and can concentrate. Be it a nice library, be it your own room, be it somewhere outside (of course during summer). Remove all distractions like your phone. Take a 5-10 minute break every hour, get some fresh air, walk around.

What Guys Said 2

• Schedule your study time consistently. Give yourself enough time so you study at your own pace without feeling rushed. Try to get ahead of the studying so when it's covered in class you get it.

• Start like 5 minutes a day. The next day increase by 5 again until you get used to it.

What Girls Said 1

• Highlight EVERYTHING!
    Very color. Such Happy.

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../cda.gif

• I was a bio major though, so this worked for me. There was always a ton of reading and tons of papers and I lose focus really easily; the colors made it better for me to focus and made me happier.
      I actually started using like, the big notecards to take notes in instead of spirals. A) I hated carrying things and B) the smaller surface area meant that I would have to really condense my notes into the very important things. Apparently that's a hallmark of understanding the subject matter anyways; the more you understand it the less notes you need.