Given the radically different opnions on this topic, I'm curious how people will answer.
Please explain why you voted the way you did and if you have any further thoughts, please post them.
- It should be given a LOT more support. All women would be best off joining and all men should join too.Vote A
- It should be given more support. More women would be best off joining and men should listen to it more.Vote B
- It should be listened to more.Vote C
- Nothing. It's fine as it is.Vote D
- It should change it's methods/goals.Vote E
- It should be totally "re-branded" and change it's image/goals/methods and everything else.Vote F
- It should be ignored and preferably no one would join and it would die out.Vote G
Most Helpful Girl
I believe in the main and original idea of feminism - equality between men and women. Simply because I would like to have to same options and opportunities in life as men. This 'goal' has been achieved in most countries.
I'm not really sure what modern feminism has become. I guess it's like religion; people believe more strongly in it than others. I think us women are in a pretty good position at the moment. However, women in other countries are still regarded as second class citizens, and I believe that should be changed. Some feminists are just too sensitive and believe everyone is attacking them.. Stories like "how air conditioning is sexist" *sigh*.
So yeah there's still some sane feminists in the world thank god, it's just the more extreme feminists are getting more attention because of their radical ideas and are therefore giving feminism a bad name..
What do you think of it?1
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
I think the last wave of feminists, gender studies students and tumbler-feminism have probably killed the name "feminism". The old values (equality of opportunity, and law, for women) were very good. And it's a shame that when they have almost achieved the entirety of their goals the movement would be hyjacked by a bunch of extremists (I blame the way sites like Tumbler tend to segregate idealists in their own little bubble were they bounce around until they loose perspective of the real world) and veer off course into misandry and sillyness.
At this point women should be celebrating what feminism has achieved, and debating whether the movement has a right to impose it's values on other cultures. Not camapaigning to make it illegal for a man to sit in a relaxed possition on a train when there are empty seats all around.2
- Show AllShow Less