Did you ever regret taking revenge on someone?

You took revenge on that person but you felt bad too because it that makes you a bad person! What are your thoughts?

• Yes, I felt horrible after taking revenge on someone
  • No, they deserved it!
  • Other (Explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have honestly never "taken revenge" on anyone... Ever.

You see.. For my many, MANY flaws, I'm learning that this is a quality that less people share with me than what I thought in my youth. 2 wrongs don't make a right. I see it all of the time. Someone will cheat on their partner or abuse them in some shape or form or simply just not want to be with them anymore. The "hurt" person will look for "revenge" by doing things like posting photos of them on the internet or telling others about their infidelities or WHATEVER. This will ultimately come back to haunt you. You could literally ruin someone's life just because you felt you were mistreated. That's why I ALWAYS take my lumps if I get hurt for whatever reason and walk away from the situation.
    I know people who have posted nudes of their ex's for revenge, told coworkers what a "slut" they were, told their boss that they were stealing, told their partner that they were cheating. The thing is, NONE of this will make you feel any better as a person. The best (and only) thing you can do when being hurt in a legal situation is to learn from it. Period. Learn from your mistake and do your best not to let it happen again. Revenge is not honorable. It is childish.

What Guys Said 3

• I took revenge a few times in my life and didn't feel bad one bit. back in elementary school my friend and I were constantly fighting with these assholes who would pick on my friend because he was fairly poor and had a terrible family life, because of this he had serious anger issues and we were kind of like brothers because no one else liked him, I am disabled so we were the misfits.. one day I came up with a plan and told my friend to lure one of the guys in front of a desk, when he did this I rammed into the guy with my wheelchair and he almost went flying over the desk, it was epic revenge and he was completely embarrassed in front of the whole class, after that he started fighting with me and trying to grab my joystick, but me being 160 pounds and full of adrenaline I held him off, after that he just left embarrassed and pissed off. The other time I punched the new boyfriend of my "ex" in the stomach after he got tough with me, he just crumbled to the floor and I just laughed and smiled at my now "ex" she always tried to make me jealous, but could never find a guy like me. Looking back I feel good about it for some strange reason, even though I forgive them for everything they did.

• Nah didn't feel bad at all, the kid who i beat up had it coming... for a long time, when i was finally big enough to do something i took my revenge on him 3 years later he didn't see it coming and didn't know who it was who beat him up...

he would pick on so many kids, harass kids in the locker room, he was a real creep...
    he even threw a chair at a teacher in 8th grade...

• no, not really.

What Girls Said 4

• i dont believe in revenge. its childish and immature. and i would feel like it makes me no better than them.

• I suck at getting revenge on people. I don't even know where to start. I feel bad for everything I do whether it's okay or not okay. So, even if I did something only a tiny bit bad towards someone I didn't like, I'll feel like crap for it for the rest of my life, haha.

• i haven't done that so far... or even if i did.. i m sure they deserved it

• I don't take revenge. I just move on with my life and tell the person I wish them the best (remember: kindness always kills). I just never talk to again in my life and somehow something always seems to go wrong for them lol