Do you like short texts or long texts?

Short texts= "der" ,"wat", "FYI" , etc
Long texts= "There", "What", "For Your Information" , etc...
Do, you like texts with punctuations and stuff or just like it anyway?

• Short texts
  • Long texts

Most Helpful Guy

• Long texts... I don't mind reading long texts and, in my opinion, it makes me thing that the person genuinely likes talking to me and cares about my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Long texts with properly used grammar and punctuation is how I type and what I prefer. However, as long as I can understand what the other person is saying, I don't care too much.

What Guys Said 20

• Abbreviations for simple words irritate me. Especially shit like using "b" to substitute for "be" or "u" to substitute for "you". Abbreviations for long words I'm usually okay with.

Acronyms I'm mostly okay with. Things like FYI, in my opinion, LOL etc.

• Internet/text shorthand is one of my greatest pet peeves in life. It gets me mad af.

• der is shorthand for there? honestly, I've refused to date girls because dey spek lik dis.

drives me fucking mad lol

and whilst were on the subject, what the fuck does bae mean? i see it all the time. you've engaged my angry old man mode now haha.

• i guess u know wot i prefer ;p

i'm surprised by poll's results though o_O

i only use proper English when i'ma bout to post a take... otherwise how it'll go promoted? ;p

• short texts are so childish😑 i immeadiately stop the conversation when someone talks like that because i want them to be serious

• Abbrv. are created for a reason.
    U abbrv when u r in a hurry.
    You write complete sentences when you're not.
    If you're in hurry well then come back later I suppose when you have time.

• I like long text them short text some are hard to be able to figure out

• I don't like texting! I am here to practice to be a texter, as i am not good at texting stuff.

The proper English texts are better.

• Short forms are so lazy. Just FYI, I never use them! IIRC, I'm sure that's correct!!

• Short texts want me to stab myself in my eyes

• Might be related to your question, I hate it when I'm providing 99% of the conversation. and her 1% , which in the end means , I provide something to talk about , and I get a Me too , or cool , or yeah that's true , never anything to come back , I tune out and I never continue seeing or talking with such ladies.

• Long texts.

• like m8, just chill, all the grammar is not needed on the internet and is a waste of time mang

• prefer real words which are not considered long text. I'm not cool enough to stay up to date with all you kids and that new English you guys made up

• I like simple short text

• I write long text a lot. I'm better at writing my thoughts down then saying them vocally, lol

• No, I hate it. I want to be talking to a mature person, not someone who's still in school.

• A mix of both. I like the lols and btws, but I talk like I text/type.

• Combo, ''there'' doesn't need to be shortened.

but stuff like gtg and fyi, sure why not.

• i like shorts texts which need to be understandable

What Girls Said 22

• I like a mixture of both of them. Like I'll use the obvious text terms that are common, but I absolutely hate when it gets so short that it's ghetto for instance der... Now that's ghetto.

But I wouldn't call FYI ghetto I mean it's better than typing out for your information it's short and sweet like lol and all the other text terms.

As long as it still stands for something basically and isn't using incorrect grammar or spelling something wrong.

• Long text for sure, I love write a loooot of things, I don't know why, my mind just thinks about stuff and I'm like "I HAVE TO WRITE THE WHOLE THING", the idea of making words shorter is not that great for me. Yeah, you might save some time... but what's the whole point of it? XD I really don't get it. I won't say I never write in the short way, I do it too, but just for fun, I do it when I text a friend and we try imitate this neighborhood style XD

• i dont really care either way. i prefer people to use real words most of the time, but if occasionally they use a short text i don't mind. its supposed to be for convenience. doesn't necessarily mean you're dumb

• Long texts. I hate it when people do not use standard English. It really bothers me. However, i don't mind some words being abbreviated such as "Cuz, K, Ttyl" but if people do it all the time it really does start to bug me

• Long texts mostly. I'm not good with grammar though so i just use lots of commas instead of colons and all that crap. Sometimes i'll but a comma but then not even put a period at the end of my sentences though lol.

• Long texts, the worst is texting someone with a looonggg text cuz you guys are totally into the conversations and then out of nowhere, your long ass text is followed with a once sentence or one word reply... wtf

• I know right? It's so annoying! Like you text something really long and they text... "k". Conversation killer!

• Yep, it just KILLS it... thats why I hate texting and prefer face to face conversation or phone call cuz then people can't ignore you or be rude when they know they can...

• I hate texting so I go with short.

• Long texts any day.
    I am fine with FYI, OTW, GTG, TTYL
    things like that.
    Hate what, cuz, u etc
    It's okay to shorten phrases, not words.

• Long, I like to read

• Long texts are fine, depending on the person. However, I keep mine shorter.

• I prefer not to read a freakin' novel when someone texts me, but I do prefer real worlds as opposed to a bunch of short forms. I don't mind "lol" or "wtf" but otherwise, use your words lol

• I don't like seeing a red line under the words that I type, and I'd prefer to type complete words. But I sometimes also do short common words like lol, omg, etc, wtf. But other than that, I use the long ones.

• O Why not both? ;-; lol

• I like long text because it shows the person really cares: )

• I like long texts, but abbreviations are alright. Like FYI. But the only time short texts are fine is when you're in a rush or if I'm talking to my best friend because we both hate texting and short texts are quicker, so the conversation will be over sooner.

• GFY This is a BS Q!

• If you find this question Shitty, just do yourself a favor and don't give your opinion here.

• I fucking hate short texts.

I had a friend that would use wen instead of when, I'm like you have to be kidding.. IT'S ONE LETTER. Stop being lazy. 😒

• Too many acronyms annoy me

• Both. I like short, but I don't like it where it's so short, that I don't know wtf they're talking about. Like I wouldn't know what 'der' meant. I don't care for punctuation, but it would be appreciated.

• Long. English please! It's the only language I speak

• i use a mix

abbreviations i normally use are: lol, by the way, FYI, re, u

• I like long text that short text because sometimes I have no idea what they mean.