Why are 8/10 cops fat?

I just read something about that. Why aren't cops required to be in good shape? That's why they keep shooting people because their fat asses can't run and catch them 😒

Most Helpful Guy

• I've noticed that myself and honestly my friends and I were dicks in high school. Freshman and sophomore year, we made it a game to piss off fat cops and run around while they tried chasing us.

You got skinny and fat cops, but its funny as hell to see a fat cop.

Most Helpful Girl

• Donuts and coffee, man. Donuts and coffee.

What Guys Said 9

• Kind of true. I noticed the ones who are new to the force are clean cut and in shape and the ones who've been around awhile are out of shape/fat. I don't think most departments have physical evals or physical activity tests, so once they pass the academy fitness standards they let it all go.

• That sounds like an article by The Onion. Lol I'd look up those statistics again; that doesn't sound right. It sounds like it was satire. It's quite rare for me to see "fat cops."

• thefreethoughtproject.com/.../ FBI released the report

• XD yeah you're right. I don't get it. I've never seen a fat cop. You should see my grandfather. He was huge. He was over 6.4 feet tall, and probably still is. He was sometimes called the "Party Crasher" because when a cop like that showed up and said you were being too loud, you didn't exactly tell everyone to hide.

• Hmm, I'm still not seeing the police report (I do see that it's mentioned in the article, but not the actual source of the report itself, but I'm still looking). However, overweight doesn't mean that they're absolutely huge with tons of fat and such. This is a chart of the BMI's of a male and female. 25% and above is what overweight is defined as. Tons of middle aged men are about 25%.
      livelifeactive.com/.../bfpercentage.jpg

I'd be curious to see how much further than 25% they are. "Overweight" is a very large range (no pun intended).

• They're fat because they just shoot their perp dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8

• too many doughnuts

• Did you know you can outrun 8/10 cops?

• Donuts and coffee

• because they sit on their asses eating doughnuts

• My cousin's a cop and he isn't. He's like one of the buffest dudes you'll meet.

• maybe that's just in your town cuz most of the cops i see range from slim to muscular. rarely fat.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't have a answer to that... But I agree. It should be a requirement to be fit and athletic to qualify as any type of officer/security etc.. to be able to chase criminals...

• a lot of cops dont do that much. They eat, drive around and bother people.

• the ones I've seen aren't.. lol they have to meet standard fitness testing

• Donut breaks

• Donuts? Not enough crime in that area?

• I have no idea. never thought about it.

• I don't know but they look HORRIBLE. They always have their fat azz bellies hanging over their belts. WTF.