Is it racist if I prefer light skinned girls over dark skinned girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I mean you can't help who you're attracted to. Your preference is similar to mine.

• exactly.. but one girl down there thinks its racist lol

• Yeah, I mean it's like this.. I feel as if it's only racist if you're dogging dark skins and praising light skins. As long as you're not doing all that then it's all good. Like there could be one light skin and one dark skin that are both equally fine. Another person could like the dark skin and you could like the light skin. You're not saying that dark skins are ugly. You're saying that you gravitate more to light skins because that's who you're attracted to. You can't force yourself to like something.

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, you are being discriminatory. That's ugly.

• @Asker Honey, I don't care what you prefer. It's not like I want you lol It's not like I'm hoping that you'll want me. You act as if I'm upset because the discriminatory, anonymous coward online likes light skinned girls when in fact I'm light complected myself lol!

• @R3d_Anonymous And that's your opinion. This is mine. On my post. Over here is MY opinion... which your insight was not asked for. There is a racist, condescending tone to this anonymous coward therefore I think he's racist. So you can invite yourself over here and babble all you want but you're not changing my mind. You're not even an adult with a fully developed mind so I don't know why you think I would take your words oh so seriously.

• It's social conditioning. All your life you've grown up with images or white and light skinned women being presented as the definition of beauty. It's actually quite sad how malleable the human brain is, but hey, do what you want. There are so many dark-skinned women who are gorgeous and I hope they all find someone they deserve who loves them the way they are. Plus, darker skin has more melanin, which gives it an amazing glow, makes it smooth to the touch and it ages slower than light skin. To each their own! :D

• hmm i see

• Do you think the reason everyone that has that preference is because of social conditioning?

• No , because light skin girls can come from any race.

• no as long as you don't think white people are superior than dark people

• No its not racist.

• It depends on why.

• why does it depends?

• If you like light skinned girls because they look closer to white than black or you feel that light skin is better in some way other than looks then that would be colorism not exactly racism though.

• nope just a preference

• Narh, that's just your preference, its just like how people have preference over hair colour :)

• no your not racist for likening light skinned girls

• Not at all. You like what you like. Even if it was racist, does it really matter?

• I don't know.. some dark girls just get upset

• Oh forget about that. Everyone gets offended by everything. It's not even worth the worry anymore. Say what you want to say. Political correctness overload will be the death of personality and humor in society lol.

• Are you rude, degrading or anything towards them? If not, then no it's not racist. That is just your preference; what you are more physically attracted to.

• No. The same way some people prefer blonds to brunettes

What Guys Said 9

• It's only discriminatory, if your mind is COMPLETELY closed off to the POSSIBILITY to ever being attracted to a dark skinned girl.

If u just haven't met one that you fancied... then there's nothing wrong with that as long as you aren't bashing them.

• It's racist that you're asking

• It absolutely is not racist. You have a preference in the type of girls you like to date. Every guy does, just like every girl has a preference in the type of guy they like to date. Anyone that tells you anything else is lying.

• Nope, not at all. Just preference, everybody has a preference.

• nope!! not at all. you may like a color more, unless you think they're superior. and if you dont be friends with other colors, you're racist.

• no i don't think so

• No - - - - -

• Yes. Good thing you're anonymous or I'd kick your ass you intolerant piece of sh*t.

• Yes and no. Nothing wrong with you and no should call you a racist for wanting that/ tell you what you find attractive!

I say yes as this has been largely found to do with what community you grow up in. But also what you see more int he media and advertisements. For a long time now the ideal attractive woman has been a white woman. You did not make that choice, but in its own little way, it is a cultural racism that we are caught int he cycle of.