If someone just cooked a meal for you and it is horrible (way too salty, raw, way too sweet, completely bland) is it rude to tell them this?

and also to decline to finish the meal for this reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on your relationship... I once made this Italian Beef thing my wife taught me to make. One day, while my wife was at work, I was making it for her. I kept tasting it and it was... "off"... I didn't know what I did. Finally, when my wife came home, she agreed it tasted like shit. I pointed out the canister of flour that I used. "No", she said, "that's powdered sugar." We tossed it into the woods behind our house and the racoons ate well that night. Similarly, my wife made something else like that and it was shit. I didn't say it was, but she agreed with my complaints that it sucked. The racoons ate well that night. However, if I wasn't close to the person, I'd likely just wash it down drinking a lot. I did that as a kid quite a bit coz I was a picky eater.

• well that's kind of the number one rule in cooking which is you don't serve something raw or something you haven't tasted. If the person cooking, such as you admitted yourself, tasted it and thought it was bad, then why the heck do you serve it to someone else and think they'll like or love it (not saying that's what you did, but people do, do that). I'm a good cook, but I've messed up, and said hey cooked somethings, hated it, ordered a pizza. I think that would be the better manners, then to just choke something down that was either dangerous like raw food or just not palatable b/c too sweet/sour/salty, etc.

• More like "whatever you say... dad" because that difference of a generation of experience makes all the difference in learning a great deal about ideals and reality.

• Cut and pasting your own comments; read that one above.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just say after a few bites that you aren't feeling well

What Guys Said 1

• It's always best to be honest, but try not to be too honest about it because you don't really want to hurt their feelings and hey it's the thought that counts

• "It's always best to be honest"... LOL... You're not married, are you. No, it's not always best to be honest and, of all places, I got that lesson from a priest in church. He was going to officiate a wedding and the bride was not good looking even in her bridal gown. She asked the priest "Father, don't I look beautiful?" He said "You look the best you ever did." What he did - and what the message of the sermon was - "Don't lie, but you don't have to tell the truth." This is a valuable lesson to learn in life as it will come in handy throughout your life.

• @abc3643 uhuh.. whatever you say bro...

What Girls Said 2

• no I'd still try to eat some, prob wouldn't say much

• Yeah thats rude