Do you believe in the Rule Of Attraction theory?

Do you believe in the concept of 'like attracts like'?

• Yup, I'm a believer
  • Nahh
  • I'm unsure

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, yin and yang theory states that two of the same polarity repel each other. If this in this context, for example, we take yin to mean reflective, yang to mean expansive. We all know expansive and reflective personalities: Expansive: Ruddy complexion, very active, less reflective. Reflective, more inward looking, paler, basically the opposite, in our false dichotomy. Extreme yin repels extreme yin. You often see yin personalities with yang, in a couple. One warms the other up (by being more outgoing), the other cools the other down (by being more reflective); they complement one another. Think about this biologically. It makes sense to unconsciously look for people who make up for your shortfalls, it gives you a better chance of passing on your genes.

Incidentally, in meditation, we're kind of looking to become complete personalities. Both yin and yang, since neither are better than each other, they are both limited in themselves. In western psychology, it's the same principle, of integrating the subconscious. Myers Briggs, to become more rounded, in my view, one has to be comfortable being one's opposite. I'm naturally an INFJ. More often than not, to begin with, these people can barely function in real life :) They need some of the ability to shift into their extreme opposite, the ESTP :)

In Kung Fu we have the ape/crane (animal) metaphor, which follows from the yin and yang theory. The ape's power is overt, more involved, because of its raw strength, it can batter its way through and succeed. Whereas the crane has less physical power, so it needs to more honed, more targeted, more cautious, more aloof.

Secondly, in relationship to 'karma', to use a dirty word, we often find people get with each other for karmic reasons. Sometimes you wonder why such beautiful girls get with such troll guys. It's obvious these girls are lacking self esteem. Each person gets something out of the relationship, potentially. The guy gets the opportunity to empathise, and see the consequences of this actions. The girl gets to empower herself, getting sick of being treated like shit, she becomes less dependent, more independent. Both parties can 'grow'.

Lastly, people of the same, so called 'frequency', ie with a similar philosophical outlook, really, a similar *experiential* understanding of how the world works, likely attract each other, also.

I hope that answers your question a bit ;)

• Wow yeah it does! You know the last thing you said, do we consciously seek those sorts of people or, I know it sounds cheesy, does the universe bring them into our lives?

• I think you're probably right about that.

• See, I know my shit girl :) @bellegirl21

Most Helpful Girl

• Because I have a solid understanding of chemistry, yes. I believe like substances go together.

However, that is not to discount the power of opposites. To create balance, opposites do attract.

What Guys Said 10

• I think like minded people do hang out better with like minded people, but it has nothing to do with "concepts of the way the universe works".

• I think rule of attraction holds some truth
    I think thoughts do manifest into reality of action is taken

• There is probably some validity to it based on a variety of real mechanisms, but the way it's sold is so retarded, what with all the vibrations and pseudoscientific bs.

• I believe more that the opposites attract. Personally, I have liked many women who were nothing like me, and couldn't stand a few who had many things in common with me.

• Yeah there is possibility opposites can attract

• Of course , I believe that's true and I already experienced it with a Bermingham woman。Attract each other!

• yes, i do.

• Meaning two very similar people attracting each other?

• i dunno what you are talking about

• elaborate on your question for more responses.

What Girls Said 10

• if this theory were fact, my parents would not be together.

• I always heard the "opposites attract each other" thing. O. o

• well in my experience I have never really attracted any guys those that were into me and were obvious about it were nothing like me they weren't even the same race.

• I only read a little, it seems kinda right. I don't even know if I went to the right source because it included having wide hips which not all women have.

• As far as core values, yes
    otherwise, people attract their complement

• I definitely do.

• Yes I do by the way love your new profile picture :)

• No I don't

• I do not believe in that.

• yes i believe.