Do guys find it unattractive when a girl swears?

I don't swear like a trucker but I do swear a fair bit. I don't put into sentences in unnecessary ways at all, I just use it when I guess I feel it's needed in a way. Do guys find this unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the guy and the context. The guys I know find it attractive when a girl swear, so they can be at ease and don't have to pretend they don't swear around the girl. Also most guys think a woman who can speak her mind are more assertive in bed.

Not saying you have to drop f bomb every sentence, just be who you are

• Thanks for the in my opinion, keep it real and have fun ;)

What Guys Said 28

• It normally doesn't bother me unless she is being very graphic about something, which doesn't normally happen. I don't think it is any different for a girl than a guy. There are just limits to what I feel is appropriate given the current situation.

• Yeah in one point but we all slip i do it everyday. I used to hang out with this
    girl i was scared to take her in public with me for fear she would embarrass me
    that's how bad she swore but t couldn't help but still have feelings for her sad
    she moved away and never saw her but no i don't seeing it being too
    unattractive like i said, if their going point fingers to girls then they better
    do the same with guys cause one's not better than other ,

• Yea, totally dude, cigarettes, lifting weights, tattoos, leather jackets and bikes, sports jerseys, mustaches, and swearing should not be part of a woman's life

On the other hand, being in the kitchen, being tied up in bed for some good bdsm, massaging a man's feet after a long day of work, these things are indeed, attractive.

• Depends on the guy. Some guys do, some don't. Personally, I find it unattractive. I think in general, though, it doesn't really bother most guys.

• There's a way of doing it where every second word seems to be fuck and such people seem like dullards. But normally it's fine, I'd rather a girl not be so stuck-up that she's afraid to swear, real people swear. I like to make my speech eloquent and then abruptly change that with perfectly timed swearing, I find it funny. Girls that can do that are cool.

• When hoodrat (look it up on urban dictionary) girls swear a lot and try to cuss each other out it's annoying and unattractive.

When my crush swears every once in a while I don't care.

• Yes and no. I don't want a woman who is chronically uptight and judgmental and I want her to be able to unload in the bedroom, but I also want her to be classy when circumstances call for it.

• Not really, as long as I know she's able to speak like an intelligent adult. There's a time and place for it. It's just unattractive if she doesn't know another way to express herself.

• Short answer very much yes.

• Everyone swears... no big deal.

• Constantly yes and over text yes because it feels like you have no respect for me. If you liked me then only swear in face to face convocation and not too often and unnecessarily

• Yes i do! I had a someone at work which i really liked but some day she started to swear and the same moment it was over

• I don't fond swearing much of a turn off. My mouth can be rather filthy as well! ;-)

• No. It can be kinda hot. But if its too much then its just not something I like.

• Yes it is very very unattractive and a turn off for me

• I find it more attractive for a woman to swear.

• Yes if it is excessive otherwise it's fine.

• Not necessarily. Depends on what vernacular she uses

• For the most part, swearing and cursing is not feminine, so in high dosage or inappropriate situations, it is a natural turn off. But a little here and there is fine, and if she's cursing in bed, that can be a treat.

• I do. I hate any swearing.

• no not really.

• nope... Swear like a sailor if you will, in fact let's do it together :D

• No, why do u think that way?

• Of course , swearing is unattractive

• excessively.

• i find it sexey

• I definitely don't like it

• Well, I'm no saint, but yeah... it's not especially attractive.

What Girls Said 8

• If a guy thinks that because I'm a girl that it's suddenly "unlady-like" for me to speak a certain way, I would literally laugh in their face. Swear words literally have no real meaning beyond actual things. Shit = poop. It's wrong to say shit but not poop? Why? Because we designated it as a "bad word that you can't say yet it still exists." Fuck = sex. It's okay to say sex but not fuck? Again, why? I just don't get why it's a big deal.

Fuck, cock, shit, ass, piss, dick, cunt.

Sex, penis, poop, rump, variant of penis, vagina.

• well I'm not a guy but it's pretty stupid to me. it's just so unecessesary to use it real often. i mean there r some moments where u feel it's the most applicable 'term' lol, but other than that, it makes people look unintelligent.

• I guess if you don't excessively swear, I don't think some guys would be bothered.

• Let's fucking hope not

• I think it's acceptable, though just depends on company

• I've been told it is, but i can't bring myself to give a shit.

• lmao i thought you said sweat xD xD
    i dont swear either lol unless im by myself or something escapes
    i personally hate guys who swear infront of me... ugh

from what i see they find swearing and overly (vulgar) sexual talk is also a no no (unless its their wife or something)

• Some might find it un-lady like, while I've seen others find it amusing. I personally very rarely swear. I used to when I was around my ex and young, but I don't any more. I find it best not to, in a professional environment. I don't want something to slip!