Do you hate flashback episodes in anime?

Im new to anime and i notice some have entire episodes dedicated to a flash back and it can go on for more than 5 episodes straight at a time before getting back to the actual story.

I personally skip them. I feel like they should be able to tell the flashback within the episode instead of dedicating entire episodes to them

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. i skip them too.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only recap I've ever liked was the Kill la Kill Recap. They literally recapped the entire series in a minute thirty. For standard recaps though, I skip them, or at least I will fly through them to make sure I'm not missing anything new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFn4IrRdauM

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the anime you're watching. Not all of them have it and some have it more than others. But yeah, a lot of people hate it. I don't mind it unless they do it all the time.

• I rarely skip. But when I do, I skip a lot. Like in Guilty Crown because I was sick of watching so many episodes for nothing

• Yes, but not as much as I hated when the melancholy of haruhi suzimoto had that thing where they had to repeat summer over and over again until they finally figured that shit out.

What Guys Said 3

• Some of them have important things in them. They usually come up later and people who skipped the flashbacks won't understand it

• Absolutely I do

• i hate, or when they are in the middle on one story and just cut to something totally different