Is this too extreme?

I won't date someone unless I can see myself marrying them.

• Yes, it's extreme
  • Nah, it's fine

Most Helpful Guy

• Makes perfect sense... why waste time courting someone if you dont think you're gonna marry them?

• Exactly! I don't want to waste anybody's time or money.

• bingo. It just sucks when the one you do want to marry doesn't want you. :( lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't bother dating a guy if I can't imagine myself marrying him either. That doesn't mean just because I continue seeing someone that I think I am GOING to marry them - just that they have the potential to be "Mr. Right". Eventually, if I start to feel like he is not, then I will not continue wasting either of our time. For me, the whole point in getting into a relationship is to find my life partner - the person I want to build a life with and grow old with. If I can't see myself doing that with a guy, there's no point in dating him at all. If I just want to enjoy a guy's company in the short term, then I'll be FWB's with him.

What Guys Said 9

• (Under 18), doesn't seem extreme at all.

• I'm a few months away from 18. I just don't see a point in dating someone if you don't see any kind of a future with them. I don't want someone to waste their time and money on me when I know I don't have a future with them.

• its all good, your perspective may change as you grow older but its still fine.

• It's fine as long as it suits you AND you don't expect him to marry you.

• I assumed all girls thought this way.

• Not extreme at all. But how do you know until you date them?

• The same way you get to know everyone else.

• Nah pretty normal to me

• Nope its fine!! I am like that too.. except never dated LOL

• It's alright. You can date whoever you want.

• That's how every person should think

• Well, heartbreak is going to happen.. it's just something everyone experiences, no matter if they date or not

What Girls Said 10

• I think you're a little young to be looking for forever, but I think dating someone with the thought that you MIGHT end up with them one day is fine.

• I'd say it's too extreme, because you don't know if you'll marry him or not Right after the first date... You need to get to know the person, it will take many dates to see if you both really like eachother... then weeks and months to see how you fare together.. and then perhaps years to see if you'd get married

• I would say it is extreme because of how young you are. If you were in your 30s it would be fair to be like this I think.

• I just don't really see a point of dating if it's not going to go anywhere.

• Honestly it's your life your choices. What you want is perfectly fine. But I think it takes a lot more than just ONE date to figure someone out or decide whether you should marry them or not. It's not like it'll written "marriage material" all them lol. So you gotta date a person anyway if you want to know if he's "the one".

• it is fine..

• Not to me I personally think the same way

• It's fine. It's the right thing to do, actually.

• Nope, same here :)

• It isn't extreme.. It's good that you have standards... being selective when choosing a boyfriend is a positive thing. 😊

• yeah it is.