How would you react if some random stranger were to walk up to you shake your hand while saying 'hello' smiling and walk away?

They shake your hand while smiling and says hello, then walks away.

Your reaction?

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, this (not exactly this but you know), happened to me!

I just stopped walking, had a confused look and a small smile on my face. I was kind of surprised and didn't know how to react.

Once he walked away, I said in my head, "Gah, why do you do this? "

So my reaction would be, stop and stare and just freeze.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stranger: "Hello"
    Me: "Oh.. uh. uhhhhh..."
    *stranger walks away*
    Me: "Uhhhhhhhhh..."

What Girls Said 9

• I would get confused. I also would think that he was confusing me with another person (which already happened to me once). And I probably wouldn't answer him/her, because I would be too shocked for that.

• I'd smile and say hello back and think how nice people are.

• Basically, a wth reaction.

• I would smile and go along with it? But probably freeze up.

• Smile and and say I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

• I was be surprised and not really know what to do but I would shake their hands

• Just smile and nod lol

• seriously weirded out and scared

• Omg, did they send someone to assassinate me.

What Guys Said 7

• I've lived in San Francisco for a few months when I was 20 (I'm not American). One morning when I was strolling and window shopping along one of the main roads in the city, a very cute girl (my type of girl) came up to me. I thought she would just pass by like anyone else but instead of doing that she walked right up to me. I thought she just wanted to walk on that part of the side walk, so I tried to move to the left. But as soon as I did that, she changed her direction again and kept walking to me. She stopped about 5 feet in front of me, smiled in a very sweet way and said "Hey!" I looked at her for a few seconds (it felt like an eternity though) trying to figure out if I know her from somewhere. But because it was only my third week or so in America and I hadn't made many friends yet, I was very positive that I didn't know her from anywhere. So I just said "hello" back in a rather confused manner. She remained cheerful however and simply asked "Can I give you a hug?" I was completely baffled. Of course it was awesome to be asked for a hug by a beautiful girl but why? We didn't know. Why did she ask me? And why a hug? I didn't want to make things awkward so I said "uhm... sure?" She came to me, looked me in the eyes and hugged me tightly for a few seconds (I also put my arms around her but rather clumsily because I was so confused). Even more strangely, she eventually stopped hugging me and took her arms back but still stayed close to me. Then she smiled again as though nothing had happened, said in a cheerful way "Have a great day!" and before I could say anything, she quickly rushed her face up to mine, gave me a peck on the lips, smiled one more time and quickly walked away.
    I remember I was just standing there completely and utterly flabbergasted. I wanted to say something but didn't know what to say. Everything happened so quickly. When I realized I should ask her for her number (since she was very cute) and especially for her reasons to do this, I had already lost her in the crowd.
    I was attending a school in San Francisco and I remember that day I couldn't concentrate on anything my teacher was saying. I just kept thinking over and over again about this girl and tried to figure out what that was all about. The more I thought about her, the more I wanted to see her again. I prayed I would run into her one more time but I've never seen her again. It was both one of the coolest/sweetest and one of the most confusing things I've ever experienced.

• I'd laugh, think it's different, and go on with my day...
    Maybe wash my hands straight away if he looked suspicious

• I'd wonder where we have met before.

• Who the F**** was that?

• I wouldn't be open to a handshake and I'd just brush past 'em without saying anything.

• I'd pull out my pistol and shoot him in the back of the head.