Would you consider something good as a taste (even if nobody did) just because your SO cooked it?

Almost nobody likes what I cook, apart from my boyfriend. He absolutely loves everything I prepare. At first I thought he lied to make me happy, but we've been together for years now and he still asks me to cook some meals for him. So, I can see why someone would "lie" to make his partner happy, but I don't see the point in keeping asking me to cook if he doesn't like the way I do it. So now I wonder, is it possible that he's "taste-blind" just because he loves me? Did something similar ever happen to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• A great question, It would not be a good idea for him to do that , when we grow up , the food our mothers or whoever cooked at home, becomes de defacto for that dish , Something that was never cooked at his house , your way of doing it becomes his defacto. How do you evaluate your own cooking? If you honestly think your food taste good , then he might be right. If you don't like your food or think its botherline edible , then you might have a point about him lying to please you. If he loved you enough to do that , forgive him tell him to be honest about your cooking from now on, but so far , its hard to tell. Don't you have one person , one on one you could ask to taste and you an honest opinion? I have a culinary art background, I'm my best auto critic , I've made stuff that was not good , almost inedible , I don't make them any more. Tell him, that you rather him be honest about your cooking then to found out he lied to spare your feelings and tell him , you'll forgive him. I find it sweet that a guy would endure ( if the case) eating food that was terrible. His lies are not to hide an affair or something worse, It was to spare your feelings, it was wrong if that is the case , but he should be forgiven

Most Helpful Girl

• MARRY THIS MAN!!

• and in regards to the question itself: my fiance loves everything I cook too, my ex didn't and always had something to say about it... but he was an asshole, so maybe that doesn't count lol.
      I doubt that love makes his tastebuds blind, he might just really love you and the fact that you cook for him matters more to him than the food being perfect. Or he reallly does have the exact same taste in food as you. If so, like I said, marry him!!

What Guys Said 10

• It is actually been proven that good memories or strong emotions become attributed to smells and to a lesser extent taste. So that could be it or he could be like my brother who generally will eat what ever you place in front of him (well, except dandelion leaves, his wife tried to make a salad with them and it was the one thing he couldn't bring himself to eat)

• Bah some people are not very picky with food,... there just happy to have their babe cook em a meal and then shovel it down like there's no tomorrow

• Truth is. If I like someone, I'm not going to bash their cooking. Even if it's the most horrible meal I gotta swallow down. I'll smile, thank them for the delicious meal. My guess is he loves you.

• he probably isn't picky.

• Nah, my tastebuds work perfectly fine, your cooking is probably just that good.

• maybe you're just gettin better
    and maybe it's not that bad
    if he likes it why not right
    all the more reason to love him
    :D :D

• If it tastes bad it tastes bad. I may just be nicer about how I say it if im dating the person.

• He just appriciated you and your effort. He sounds like a very sweet guy

• I'm think he loves you and he really does like your cooking. If he didn't like your cooking, he would tell you.

• yeah, i douse everything that tastes bad with sriracha. makes it taste amazing

What Girls Said 10

• This reminds me years back, I tried cooking new dishes and my boyfriend was my Guinea-pig, well it didn't taste good, sometimes a burnt taste. I usually taste my food before I give it someone else but I needed a another's view n opinion. Truth be told he ate everything, didn't waste it... It made me happy but sometimes I was suspicious like you is he lying? But now I'm his fiancée and I know that he did it to make me happy, to encourage me to keep cooking and now I'm like a chef. Everyone finds my cooking nice and wonderfull, so what I'm saying is that you shouldn't lose hope, besides you're cooking for him aren't you? Or are you cooking for the people as a cook does in a café?

• I will eat anything. I would say it was good regardless I think lol
    If he said "I think I'll make__" I would say "nooo..."

• Maybe he likes the idea of having somebody who loves him and cares about cooking for him? So cooking for him could be like receiving a hug for somebody else.

• Well, if it tastes bad, I'm gonna say it, if it's good, I'm gonna do the same. I don't think the "love" has something to do with the flavor XD YOU CAN'T LIE TO MY STOMACH! LOOOL

• Lol yes. I will pretend to love everything my boyfriend makes even if it isn't good.

• I would tell my boyfriend if he sucked at cooking

• Not yet there, but I just eat whatever people prepare me (or get take-out). I think it is more of appreciation for your effort and you're food must be satisfactory or really good.

• I think he likes it.
    My brother is like that. He would eat anything. (Food.)
    What. @Xavian said.

• Well they say love is blind so I'm pretty sure someone would call otherwise nasty food good if their SO made it

• I FIND IT A LITTLE HARD TO BELIEVE that only ONE PERSON on this planet has a taste for your cooking? He's either a BIG FAT LIAR or everyone is... >:--(

• everyone else is*