Who here has lost a close friend or family member to suicide?

I personally have lost 3 close friends to suicide.

• I have lost a close friend or family member to suicide
  • I have not lost a close friend or family member to suicide

Most Helpful Guy

• We were't close, so no.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm fortunate enough to lose so few people to death. I can't imagine the kind of pain that comes with losing someone close, especially to suicide. I'm blessed to be able to say I don't know of anyone I've been close with that has committed suicide. To those of you who have the burden and pain of it, I truly apologize and I wish there was a way I could help but we all know there's no way to completely recover from something like this.

What Guys Said 2

• I've lost two uncles--one before I was born, and one about five years ago. My dad's family has a history of mental illness and depression, unfortunately.

• Yeah, I used to work with him and we became friends, I know why he did it but I wish he didn't because he was a good person :(

What Girls Said 3

• Very sorry for your losses. I have not, but someone close to me is suicidal and has written a note before. That was bad enough.

• I lost my best friend to suicide a year ago. Always miss her.

• i have lost 2.