Why people post in a sarcastic manner if a question is stupid (according to them at least) instead of ignoring it?

Seen it a couple of times…for xample I saw a question today “can u get pregnant from yer fingers?” and some people where postin in a sarcastic manner. Y don’t just ignore it or post some accurate response to xplain his/her question better without being sarcastic?

Don’t get it :|

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just don't resist being sarcastic.

• not to mention they'll never get MHO from this question ;p

• correct!

• Though they may run the risk of being reported, there is little risk of any "punishment" from it for two reasons. first, there is no rule against sarcasm; and second, if there was a rule against sarcasm the admins would probably be laughing so hard at the ridiculous question that they would do nothing again the opinion owner.

What Girls Said 7

• It's slightly rewarding, especially if sarcasm is your middle name.

• It's usually an attempt to educate said stupid person without having to call them out directly.

• Yet chances to get MHO on his/her question r less if u do ;p

• Reputation? Reptiles? Republicans? Repossessed cars? So ambiguous.

• nah nm forget it

• Better question: why do people waste their limited life time on that? Cos they care. Care about what? Approval.

• That person is a troll for asking a stupid q

• not always... she seemed honest actually, and she was worried

• Because I can't resist the urge to be an asshole at really stupid questions.

• Some times you simply can't leave well enough alone. I'm sorry.

• Because they wish that their sarcasm is well recieved by people and they'd find it funny (somehow)

What Guys Said 8

• I love sarcasm.

Perfectly executed sarcasm is like, hm, it's like wrapping the answer to the person's question in a nicely tied package with a bow on top.

In order to get to the answer, the person has to unravel the packaging and the bow using their own brain. Once they finally unravel the packaging, they open the box to not only FIND their answer, but a cute little note as well saying "You're a moron."

Sarcasm is beautiful.

• but most askers want direct answers i believe... and no mean comments anyway

• The best answers are ones that the person figures out for themselves. Sarcasm involves you to use your brain in order to figure it out, it gives the person a slight hint, and asks the person to figure it out for themselves through tone of voice. It's actually quite ingenious when you think about it.

• To expand on your idea (with which I am in congruence), the bad part about sarcasm is that some people will not understand how to open the package, or sometimes will think the wrapped package is the gift itself. This leads to some really messed up childhoods lol.

• Yes, i do agree i never get rude with people , i don't care for sarcasm unless
    it's like a girl doing it in a playful way than I'm all cool ,

• I only ignore the ones that I absolutely can't type without coming off as a complete utter dick lol.

the ones I do comment on, I make sure asker and I are having fun :P

• Because it's funnier that way
    i.ytimg.com/vi/mMAnCgjeZ4Q/maxresdefault.jpg

• Cause troll q gets troll answer. Troll for troll seems like a fair trade, better than TPP, they should just make troll for troll the rule instead of trying to force TPP through.

• a high level of sarcastic responses denotes how much common sense the asker lacks. this should help solidify the answer, the significance of the question, and how far behind the asker is with the rest of the world on the asked subject.

and because sarcasm is the most beautiful and truthful form of expression.

• and wot if he/she respons wid "fuck off"?

• u didn't get me... i mean if asker responds to this sarcastic comment wid a "fuck-off"

• my comment still stands, but now i am confused to the relevancy of the asker telling a sarcastic opinioner to "fuck off."

if you are asking me to support this response, then by all means go for it. if someone is sarcastic to you, you have all the right to tell them you don't appreciate. though 'fuck off' wouldn't be the most articulate response to express yourself with, nor is it the nicest.

• Because it's entertaining?

• sometimes i feel they do it for xper

• Probably some do, plenty answer questions they don't care about with serious but non-committal answers to rack up exper as well.

• if they were doin it for Xper then they wouldn't be serious... ir's easier to get more Xper from postin 10 nonsense opinions in 10 mins, than spend 10 mins for just 1 opinion

• You don't say. I've never seen someone using sarcasm on the internet. Impossible.