Is what I did weird?

I was walking around campus when I noticed this girl crying, I went up to her and asked her if she wanted a hug. She said yes very tearfully. So I went over and gave her a hug. Then I asked her if she wanted to talk about it I'd stay her with her. She told me it had to do with payments for school and some other stuff. I kept patting her back and telling her about different payment methods that she could try and that she could talk to the financial aid office to see if they would help her. She thanked me and said I was really nice. But then my friend who was walking by saw the exchange and asked me about it. Then she said I was weird for going up to a stranger and asking about their problems. Was I weird and in the wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• No way is that weird!! It shows a remarkable sense of compassion. You didn't cross the road to avoid someone in distress. I would have done just the same. It costs nothing but a few minutes of your time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it not weird at all: you were helping her in a difficult moment. I do not really unerdtand your friends reaction.

What Guys Said 12

• not weird. we need more human contact/interaction like that these days.

• Well, luckily the stranger was genuine and wasn't just waiting to stab you in the back with a knife and take your money, so that's cool. It's not really that weird, you should be glad you could help.

• No, you were being compassionate with the girl, it was nothing to do with being weird

• Nah you were not weird you just helped a helpless human but i am safe to say your friend is what is wrong in this world

• Reading this actually made my day. There is nothing more selfless and heart-warming than being kind to a stranger you may never see again. Your friend calling you weird only proves how cold and uncaring our society has gotten. Please don't change.

• You're a better person than me. No it's not weird; you just sound like a good person. But yeah school bills suck... quite a lot.

• See, now if I did that it'd be a bit weird.
    Real talk, I haven't had a hug for over a decade.

• No not at all, that is what I would have done. And that is what I would want to have done

• Your friend sounds like a weirdo.

• You are not weird

• no, i want to marry you

• Not at all, I'm a sucker for helping people, so I would of done the same. Just means your a nice person who will help people, your lovely, not weird at all.

What Girls Said 5

• No, it's not weird, it was really nice of you

• That's not weird, your friend is just a self centered bitch is all. That's very kind of you.

• You did everything right! Well done.

• Its overly empathetic but not weird.

• It's not weird.