Just out of curiousity, does Domestic Violence Awareness month also apply to male victims or are men gonna need to speak up about it and create?

their own day and movement for it?

I get that women have reported their abuse FAR more than the men but still. I'm very curious.

• DVAM also applies to male victms.
  • DVAM strictly applies to only female victims so men are gonna have to speak up and do something about the male victims of DV.

Most Helpful Girl

• As far as I know, domestic violence awareness is aimed at victims of all genders :)

• I was gonna say, I'm all for helping the female victims of DV but I hope the male victims don't get left out in this.

• Yeah, I get it. I think a lot of people are going to say that it's only for women because it doesn't specifically mention male victims, but it never specifies a gender, it's for all people who've been through or who are going through domestic violence :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's be honest, it's for women only.

What Girls Said 1

• I think most people think of women but it is meant for everyone

What Guys Said 2

• It's no secret that domestic violence is directed to aid women instead of men.

The issue with domestic violence towards men is... most men don't report or speak about their experiences because they are worried about "their manhood".

• Never even heard of it. But likely will shut out men unless they speak up.

• I haven't heard of it either until several months ago at my community college which was on October.