Where's a good place to get a first tattoo?

Most Helpful Guy

• The back of one of your shoulders is a pretty common spot and I hear it isn't too bad (I'm about to get mine done in a couple of weeks). If you're worried about pain, the more muscle and the less bone, the better. My first tattoo was down my side and I definitely wouldn't advise that unless you love pain.

• What about rib cage? I wanted to get a quote there but I also want one on my shoulder/ shoulder blade. It just depends on how bad it's going to hurt

• Well the ribs are one of the most painful places, but if it's definitely not as painful if you're just getting line work done and no shading. If pain is the only factor and you're going to get both places done eventually, you're going to want to do the shoulder.

• *but it's definitely not as painful

Most Helpful Girl

• do you mean placement on your body? really it doesn't matter. it's wherever you want it to be lol

• Yea, I'm just not sure where it hurts the most. I don't mind needles but I'm not sure how much pain I can take

• blog-cdn.tattoodo.com/.../painchart2.jpg?09b2aa
      well this is a rough guide. if you're concerned about pain, try getting it on a more meaty area like your upper arm, or thigh or leg. i'd stay away from bony or thin skinned areas.. ribs are supposed to hurt, and chest, and depending on your back i think it hurts a little. (im not 100% sure though)
      i got my first tattoo a few months ago, on my upper arm and it took a little over 3 hours i think. i was fine, and it didn't hurt too bad for me. that area is good for tattoos. its nice and meaty and won't be super painful lol. I've learned my pain tolerance is about 3 hours of tattooing haha. i got a little restless just sitting there. i could've gone longer if i absolutely had to, however

What Guys Said 8

• I recomend a tattoo parlor. That would be the first place I'd get a tattoo.

• Someplace where your momma and daddy will never see it.

• Well my mom knows I want one, she's actually going to pay for it so it doesn't totally matter about that

• Have you considered the fact that, 10 years from now, you may not be very happy with having a tattoo? You may not like the tattoo you selected? That you may actually feel embarrassed about it? If you are thinking, "No way that could happen!" imagine if you had picked out your first tattoo 10 years ago; you might have Scooby Doo on your behind!

• On your face.

• At a tattoo parlour

• Most people I know got their first tatoos on their arms or on their back.

• I can't wait to see you regret it soon since you're still a kid lol

• I mean I'm 17 so not really a kid

• Mmmhhh

• I'm not just going to get some random tattoo, it's definitely going to have meaning. I've struggled with depression for awhile so if I get a quote that measures something I am pretty sure I'm not going to regret it

• if its on a girl, i would say get it on your upper thigh. but thats jus me

• The forehead.

What Girls Said 1

• Completely depends on the tattoo shops in your area?
    Go to the one down the street from my house, how about that?