Do you believe terrifying, meat-eating dinosaurs ever care about their offsprings?

This is the one thing that has been wondering for ages. I've always been fascinated with some dinosaurs. I think the herbivore dinosaurs were caring but what about the meat eaters like the velociraptors, the Spinosaurus or even the T-rex itself?

The closest I can come out with is crocodiles and alligators, that dig their nest, then comes back for warm its hatchings and is with the mother for around a year. Would that have been the case for those killing machine tyrant lizards?

Updates:
I have a hard time picturing a predator like that (eating any animal that gets in its way) can even have some ability to be maternal.

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Wolves are predators but they care greatly about their young, same thing applies to dinosaurs as well, the young were always well protected. A lot of modern predators care greatly for their young to.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be difficult for a species to be successful if it didn't do something for it's offspring. There are a lot of birds that look after their babies, so I'm sure dinosaurs did at some point too.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, I do believe they did! I mean... I see no reason why they didn't care about their babies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dude you never watched Jurassic world the mum t-rex destroyed half San Diego for its kid

1|0
    0|0
    • Sorry to be this person but it was The Lost World Jurassic Park, not Jurassic World. Also the Adult Tyrannosaur was the male

• Not all dinosaurs ate animals. Many are believed to ate figs and leaves and fruits. Regardless I think they would care about their young. Don't bears care about their young? They are powerful predators too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes there's documentaries on it. Lions are killing machines they take care of their young plus Dino's were warm blooded not cold blooded

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!