How do I stop spending my check so fast?

Everytime I get a check I wind up blowing it on food.. No I'm not fat nor do I have a eating disorder

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish I knew the answer to this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Food is crazy cheap. Learn to shop right and food is almost free... I literately survive on less than a $1 a day when it comes to food eating at least 3 meals a day and a few snacks here and there. Check the weekly fliers for BOGO or any particular deals, then use coupons on top of that. I get a 70-90% discount off retail prices by doing just that and stock pile what I need. I cook all my own meals. My largest expense at the store is beer. lol I can drop $30 for food for the month and $12-$14 for a 12 pack once a month. If I go out to eat I can blow an entire month of food on one meal. If you know how to cook and plan food is dirt cheap...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• create a limit for yourself, you're only allowed to spend $50 a week, and no it doesn't stack if you don't use it.

my limit is pretty steep, I only let myself spend $100 a month. I save a fuck ton of money.

• Stop buying expensive food.

• You need financial counseling about savings and budgeting. Search the internet for them. There are many tools out there...