I have an irrational fear of closing my eyes while I'm in the shower. How Do I get rid of it?

I shower every day, and every day my fear is the same. I'm terrified of closing my eyes while I'm showering. Of course, I have to close them while I rinse my hair out. And every day, I close my eyes and then get into this sort of panic until I open them again. I always feel like someone or something is watching me. I listen to music while I shower, but it doesn't make a difference. Is this normal? Is there any way I can stop it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do it, over and over, until you start to realize, there's nothing to be afraid of. Only way to get over you fear, is to face it, until it's over

What Guys Said 2

• I get this too! When I close my eyes I can feel my body playing tricks on me to make me think that something is tapping my back.

• I first developed my fear when I was seven. One of my friends told me that she was in the shower and when she opened her eyes, Chucky the doll was standing there. I, being seven, acted like I didn't believe her, but inside I had this little doubt. And I've been scared ever since.

• Lol, you were traumatised by chucky

• Watch the Grudge or Psycho. That'll take care of that fear.

What Girls Said 4

• I get it when I over thing so I usually do the top of my hair first quickly and also I notice if I let myself get in a panic mode and keep myself in it purposely it actually helps me for some reason other than just opening just straight away and geting paranoid

• Omg lol me too... I always think of that Michael Jackson song "Just leave me along," where he talks about he can't close his eyes in the shower :)

I think, if you lock the bathroom door it gives a little comfort.

• This seems rational because essentially you're most vulnerable in the shower and bathrooms are creepy. I always worry I'll "miss" something in those couple seconds and it's unnerving. Just try not to think negative... odds are you'll be fine, your mind just messes with you.

• Who said it was irrational?