Why do people hate skaters?

Why are skaters hated by everyone? Most people wouldn't even consider it a real sport when it's one of the hardest there is. They say it's not something adults do. Anyone can kick or throw a ball. Skating takes a lot more skill. The average person can't even stand on a skateboard. What is it that people don't like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my one friend is really annoyed by the noise it makes for some reason. I think it's quite soothing tbh. And for me most of the skaters in my town are punks (not saying that all are just the ones I know). You're right though it is a lot harder than people think.

Most Helpful Guy

• The most common complaint I've seen is that they're grinding around the squares and steps of office buildings making a racket, and sometimes they try to Ollie down steps and almost crash into people walking past.

I personally don't have any problem with them.

What Girls Said 2

• They roller in front of me when I drive. THEY GET IN THE WAY.

THOSE WHEELS MAKE TOO MUCH NOISE

THEY CARRY THAT THING EVERYWHERE

• It's better to carry it everywhere. I agree that they make a lot of noise. That's why I got quiter ones. They make it bounce a lot more though. After a while you don't even notice it

• Some skater kids are just assholes that dont respect property or authority. They just skate anywhere even if its a private property.

• I can understand it from that perspective. If he gets hurt then he can sue. People complain even if it's in a skate park though.

What Guys Said 3

• Level of difficulty is irrelevant when deciding whether or not it's a sport.

It's not though. It is absolutely an activity that requires skill, but it's not a sport.

• How is it not?

• Just so you don't think I'm just trying to trash your hobby, golf isn't a sport either.

But look at the 5 main sports- Basketball, football, baseball, soccer, and hockey.

All 5 have an offense, all 5 have a defense, and all 5 is you directly competing against the opponent.

Skating is like golf. There's no resistance stopping you from what you're trying to do, you aren't directly competing against someone.

It's just you trying to reach a higher score than what the other guy got.

It would be like telling an NBA team to try and make as many shots as possible in a 4 quarter span. Then when you're done, the other team comes out and tries to get a higher score.

The skill to try and make shots is still there, but it's lacking that resistance/defense aspect of it.

Which makes it not a sport

• Their logic probably goes something like this; Skaters = Thugs

• They are? Not in my world. I think it's a fine activity.