Guys, Do girls private message you on this site? (*Them being the ones to contact you first.) ?

I know girls get hit on a lot on GAG...

So um, I was wondering... Do you girls manage to slide in your PMs? Them being the first to contact you?

• Yes, quite often.
    17% (13)
  • Yes, but rarely.
    39% (30)
  • No.
    35% (27)
  • No, I start the conversations.
    9% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

38

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 37

• I think it has happened a total of twice in the ~3 years I've been here. Both cases were girls either directing me to their question or asking me a related question in private. No one has "hit on me" though. But, I'd honestly be a little annoyed if they did. Not because I don't like being hit on by random women, but because I'm probably the only one in my entire state that uses this site, and I'm not into long distance relationships.

plus I assume everyone on the internet is a ~25 year old male until proven otherwise in person, so I wouldn't be too flirty with a girl who did contact me, unless I was bored.

• Almost never. Like maybe once a year or so?

It used to happen all the time 4 or 5 years ago when GaG still had that Meebo instant messaging feature but these days it doesn't really happen to me any more.

It's probably because I used to be really active on the site and answer a lot of questions and these days I'm not so talkative.

• Sometimes but well it's hard to keep a conversation going when we live like... continents apart... unless we have a clear and common interest or walking the same road but in different worlds

• haha yeah... This is a bit personal but i met someone on here and we had a thing but of course it's hard when he's literally on the other side of America

• Yeah... I know EXACTLY what you mean.
      Ce'st la vie.

• Yeah.. He used to be a mod for this site. :o not calling anyone out ofc.

• I've never been hit on here, but I get a fair number of PMs from lasses around the sight asking questions. Generally they are looking for more indepth answers than I posted to their questions, others want to ask similar questions but dont want to post the question to the world as a whole. The number varies, but so does my usage.

I get perhaps 1-2 new contacts a month, more if I have been posting a lot. None if I have been offline a lot.

• I've had only a handful, so it's rare. It hasn't happened in a while, but I appreciate when it does. Although, if your question is about getting hit on then... are girls who message me first hitting on me? Is that's what was going on? I don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Yeah you understood my question right.. Like in one of you were hitting on each other, did they hit on you first?

• It real life or on here?

• NOPE, if a girl wants to add me to follow i will talk, chat
    i don't believe in them men who act like creepers on here

• Not really, I don't get many PMs. I even get less nowadays than I used to. I got a few PMs here and there asking "hey can you help me with this question" but that's that.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif On my old account (Mistninja314) I got PMed a lot by #GAGirls ^_^

• Yeah I've gotten a few.

• Yeah, which always blows me away because I am anything but inviting.

I have far too many female followers for the shit that I say on here.

• Yes, more often than I expect. And I don't mind it. We talk for about a day, then our conversations go dry, and we follow each other.

• People only PM me if I give them something to PM me for, like an interesting topic discussion or whatnot.

• That's good :)

I wish I got messaged for interesting topics other than weak attempts from guys/girls to get pics...

• I've never sent a PM to someone on here first, and the number I've received I could count on one hand.

• I have yet to PM someone, and I have also never been PM'd. I much rather socialize in person. On the internet, I just have no idea what to do haha wasn't raised with so much social media around me.

• Yeah, a girl here once offered me herself. She was like: "You look very interesting, are you American?" I answered :"Yeah I'm American, What's up?" Then she went all out and started giving me a TON of information about herself. Her personality, Her height, her skin color, how many people were in her family, etc. She also gave me her phone number, as well as her e-mail address and ended the message with "If you're interested, I'll be waiting ;) ". I didn't reply and I haven't heard from her since. (She deactivated her account, shortly after that last message).

• Not really, guess im not hot enough wahhhhh :'(

• Does it count when a female admin tells me I did a naughty (again)?

• Ummmm um um um... "A naughty?"

• Aw no need to be shy about it :) I don't judge 😏

• Me? Shy? Hah!!! This year was my fourth Naked Bike Ride. I don't know the word "shy" lol

• Once in a while

• That's how it always was for me. I don't let them contact me anymore though.

• No people are terrified of me.
    I always contact first.

• Yes sometimes I got like pm about sexual topics... random stuff.. sometimes just to talk

But not that often, depends if there's a sexy picture up.. I know I had a sexy picture up once, and I had like aroun 10 total... some asking is that you? Is that really you...

Lol

• Yes, but rarely.

• no i talk like 3 times on pm

• Yes, though I have no idea why, I'm not exactly someone who's good at stimulating the female mind.

The most consistent messages I get are always from my old pal the GaG Message Removal notification.

• Yes, quite often.

Funny

• Well let's face it, your selfies are cute.

• haha, I had a random girl on social media call me "cute" and "nice" at first, and just seconds later she was like " you are so mega hot" " gosh, you look so hot" , see

• Well damn, she's just mega thirsty.

• That's never happened. Maybe if I was white and muscular who looked tall, then the chances of that would be high.

• I don't think girls are hitting on me much I hit them, that was before I'm tired being friendly with girls so I rarely get a message :(

• There was once a girl who is younger than me, flirts on me a lot that we end up sexting, I know she was playing games with me and I realized what an idiot I am, I'm so weak

• I've had girls send me PMs on here before. But it's rare.

• Nope. Girls never contact me first on here or any other site.

• Nope not really.

• More from Guys
    7