Have you ever been so tired that you can't figure out if you should sleep?

Have you ever been so tired that you can't figure out if you should go to sleep?
I'm talking being up for 20+ hours.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, the longest I've ever been up was 56 hours (so over two days and two nights). It would be too long to explain the whole story here but until hour 53 or so, I simply didn't have to possibility to sleep. Once I was finally able to lie down, I wasn't sure if I should or if I even can fall asleep. It was a very strange experience and I'd rather not repeat it. I remember after about 48-50 hours of being up without any sleep, I started feeling (and acting) pretty weird. Before I had been extremely tired but then at one point the sleepiness just went away and I felt completely indifferent. It was almost like being on a strong downer- drug like heroin. I didn't really care about anything anymore. Also, it took me ages to do very simple stuff or think about very simple things. I was at the airport in a foreign country and I remember somebody asked me what time it is and I just thought to myself "what... time... is... it? There is... a man... standing... in front of me. I think... I think... he asked me what time it is. Wait... that means... that means I should probably tell him... right? I should tell him... what time it is..." When I finally managed to process the request, I realized that the person had already walked away again. But instead of feeling stupid or confused, I was completely indifferent about that too. I also remember that the sound around me got really strange... it felt like all the noises around me are suddenly very far away, like I was sitting in a bubble. I was hungry but I didn't care if I could eat anything. I also didn't care if I get the possibility to sleep. In the end, it was another person (a friend) who basically forced me to sleep. I think I have never been so exhausted/tired in my life before or after...

• You can stay up way later then me.
      I got like that once but I was only up for 20 hours

• Well, it wasn't my choice. I was travelling and got into a very messed up situation (it had nothing to do with me). There was no possibility to sleep because it was so stressy... . It's not really a good thing anyway. Doctors have found out that people who regularly stay up too long die earlier... so it's not exactly a healthy thing to do ;-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really but a couple of times I was so tired that I blacked out. First time that happened I accidently took my adhd med at night. So I ended up over dosing. Luckily I didn't die but I felt like all the blood veins in my body were going to burst. So that isn't a pleasant feeling. 2nd time that happened I missed a step and twisted my ankle and couldn't walk for a couple of weeks.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope. The more tired I get the more desperate I am to crash into a mattress.

pr0gramm.com/.../get-ready-for-bed.gif

• My body is currently tired but I had an Americano around 10:30(stupid me)...

• It's happened a few times. More than a few actually.

• I just start playing on my phone and just forget to stop

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah that happens to me sometimes too. I do not force myself to go sleep in that case. I watch something, I wait till sleep comes.
    When it comes; then I sleep.

• That's called Insomnia.

• I'm not saying you have trouble sleeping, you just stay up really late and can't figure out if you should go to bed