True love test: Your girlfriend asks for your money, you give it to her?

Then after some time she asks for money again.. And then again..
Now she has a lot of your money.. (Because you gave it to her)
Then she gives it all to you.. After finding out that you think she's gold digger or whatever -rolls eyes-
She breaks up with you..
Now, what I'm trying to say is that if the dude really loved the girl he wouldn't have thought that she was a gold digger and the fact that he does proves that he never loved her? (Who agrees with me? :P )
And no before you think anything weird, the girl was just testing his 'love' for her, she didn't really want his money..

Most Helpful Guy

• I would question why a golddigger would bother with me. There is not much gold to dig :-P

But given this hypothetical situation:
    She is testing his love? She's essentially lying, and taking his money. Why would she do this if SHE truly loves HIM?
    I think the guy in this situation, begins to doubt her love in response to the #MindGame she's playing. It's not a good idea to test your SO. It confuses people, and the reaction, isn't accurate because it is a response to her mind game, which isn't authentic. So you don't get an authentic response. And you can't have a relationship like that.
    Bottom line: he loved her for who she is. She tested the love by being someone she's not.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't think you should need to test people like this. If she asks me for money, I'll say sure at first. The next time though, I question her. That means it is becoming a pattern. If it is something super serious like "hey, I don't have any money to go see a doctor" that is one thing. That is a legitimate excuse and I'll discuss with her how I can help out. But, if she says something like "I need money" with no reason or "I need money to get some fancy clothes and go shopping" I'm going to seriously question her love for me. It'd make me feel like I'm getting taken advantaged of, which I seriously would not like. What is the reason she can't get them herself? Why does she need the stuff? What if she actually is playing me for a fool?

The other problem is that it isn't really a test, it is more like a "how long until you break. How much abuse can you take before you get fed up." I would say it is naive to just blindly say "take my money, spend it as you see fit!" in today's age. There are many people (guys too) that will try and take advantage of people, whether via sex or money or whatnot, and will then discard them. Many of these sharks are really good at acting too so they aren't always easy to spot.

I'm all for helping out your SO, but I'd rather not be broke, pissed off I was played like a fool, and again newly single if I could help it.

• Okay so this test is basically a failure..

• Aww that sounds harsh when you say it like that :( (lol sorry if I sounded grumpy by the way, I wrote this at like 5AM). I was just saying that I feel you shouldn't have to test people in a relationship with temptations and stuff. Temptations will almost surely be thrown at them regardless because of how life works. Them drawing a line in the sand and questioning where the money goes doesn't always mean they don't love the other person. Often times they are just trying to fix a problem/pattern that can lead to a long term issue. The test wasn't a failure, it just had a bit of flaws in it that need some addressing :( Don't feel bad!

• Hahaha it's okay, dude I'm not mad.. :P
      We should think about inventing a better test, any ideas?

• "the girl was just testing his 'love' for her"

Girls need to stop fucking testing. Just don't do it. In this hypothetical situation, she's the one who set the whole thing up. She destroyed the relationship because of her stupid tests.

As for gold diggers. The large majority of women are not gold diggers. But there are enough out there, that it's only prudent for a guy to at least question it. It's something that really can happen, and guys need to watch out for it. If a girl continually asked for money from me, I'd start being suspicious after a while also. It would be stupid not to.

• After the 2nd time I'd ask her why...

• Ummmm this is a test but not of love It's a test if the guy is a freaking doormat lol 😂

• So what's the question?

• Do you think that this proves that his love wasn't real?

• It's such a great idea... Don't you think so?

• 1) that's a fucked up way to test love and doesn't even work because there are tons of side factors

2) a guy can think she's a gold digger and still love her

3) no one agrees with you, that's some bs you pulled off there.

• It's a hypothetical situation.

• Well.. Then what are some other ways to test his love?

• See how many small things he does for you, which do not benefit him in any way. Staying awake longer just to wait until you're in bed too. Driving all the way to you when you feel bad. Plan something for both of you. Cute messages he sends you. Small signs of attention, small gifts he buys you. Surprises.

• Wtf

How long have they been together?

• Now that's manipulative.

• is that true love? ask a guy for money looooooool

• I made a rich SO, so that she never had to ask for money!

And how can she ask me for money when i am the one asking money from her all the time?

• Why would it be wrong to suspect something if she repeatedly asked for money? - It's more wrong that she treats her boyfriend as a lab rat. in my opinion

• Love is blind :P

• What is this world coming to. I mean seriously, "BIIRRP! sorry you didn't pass the test, off with ya" is that how it works now? testing testing

What Girls Said 6

• No if somebody asks you for money all the time then they are a gold digger. You can't present yourself in a bad way and not expect people to view you in a bad way. People aren't mind readers and judge behaviour based on what they see and observe.

• That is not a test of love, that is a guy realizing he is being ripped off, and is smart enough not to keep giving the bitch his money.

• I would not test people like that. If I really needed money I would ask openly; if they could help me out. I would barrow then I would give.

• The real question is, why couldn't she just build an honest relationship with him? Why did she have to try and play games with him?

• This made no sense. If I were the guy, I'd want to know what she needed the money for.

• It's a test to annoy your boyfriend by playing. Not cool. What are we 12?