Why do people lie about their age on here?

doesn't make any sense? Are they that insecure about themselves?

0|0
7|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed it too.
    People that are underage tend to put themselves older, typically the 18-24 age range.

People that are far older (40+) tend to put themselves 18-24 or 25-29 age group.

0|0
    0|0
    • Younger people feel they won't be taken seriously so they lie about their age.

Older people tend to become self conscious about their age, especially filled in a community that has a high population of under 35 year olds.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some teen users may want to avoid the scrutiny that they may get here, so they day they are 18 or 19 instead of 14 or 15.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I don't.. I turned 20 yesterday.. and I asked about it.. and then admin changed my age.. I feel old tho. 😕

0|0
    0|0
  • *i've seen teens do this. most likely they want their question or opinion taken more seriously

*i've also seen people say their 99-105 years old. i've no idea why they do this. be mysterious maybe?

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not think it is just insecurity. Some do not want to share their personal info.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it makes a difference really. People can be what age they want.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've seen it a few times. However, GAG doesn't update a user's age either which i think is weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do they? Never really cared about it...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• People lie because again it's a question of privacy they don't want to tell their real age but they don't understand that there is no need to lie.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never seen this happen. What makes you think they lie? Maybe they aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I'm actually 73 and don't want you to know, and...

sp.yimg.com/.../th

0|0
    0|0
  • I am my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I accually thougt that you have to be 18+.

0|0
    0|0