I dropped my phone in water?

So I dropped my phone in some water and I put it in rice over night but it still won't turn on and when I try to charge it the screen stays black I tried everything I can think of please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well once your phone goes into water all it's functions are lost, they are spoiled it's very difficult to get it to start working again.

How long was it in water when you removed it? or did you remove it within seconds?

I'll give you a link see if it helps you, otherwise you need to show it to a expert who might be able to repair it for you.

www.androidpit.com/how-to-fix-smartphone-dropped-in-water

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Don't try to charge it or tun it on until you know for sure that it's completely dry. I don't know any way to know it's dry without opening it up. If you feel comfortable doing it, open the case to let some air in there. If not you might have to take it somewhere. Or you might get lucky and it will dry on it's own if it didn't get too wet. If might be ruined.

Also, take the battery out if you drop it in water.

• thats why you get a waterproof android phone biatch

• Most likely it got water damage , even thou you put it in rice overnight
    that still wasn't enough to do the job ,

What Girls Said 3

• Put it on a heater or boiler

• 😔😔 RIP. . .

• Well if you dropped it into a whole lot of water for a bit too long it's gone for good.