Guys, do you always befriend a girl with the end goal being sex or/and a relationship?

do you always befriend a girl with the end goal being sex or/and a relationship?

• Yes
    9% (4)
  • No
    47% (21)
  • Not always, but for the most part
    24% (11)
  • depends on the situation
    20% (9)
  • other
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys who lack confidence, are shy, or don't know if you are attracted to them (but who like you) might approach you like this

For myself, I make friends with women because I find something about them attractive (their confidence, their personality, quirky sense of humour, etc) and I like being friends with them

Hypothetically, if I weren't married, and I found a woman attractive I'd ask her out (unambiguously) on a date... That generally requires some talking up front to know if I like her and she likes / might like me, to see if there's chemistry and if she laughs at my jokes... It might take a few days to go through the repertoire to find a joke she finds funny, but right while she's laughing I ask her out

What Guys Said 11

• Not at all, in fact I can't think that I've ever done that at all. I've certainly had girls that I was interested in and might have befriended them to weigh were a potential relationship could go.
    I think the shadiest thing I've ever done is befriend a girl because I like her friend and want to get points with them...

• No, I actually just have some for the company when going shopping, or to see a certain movie with (rom com, animated). And nothing more. Everything female isn't sex to me.

• I think that although we may not actively decide to befriend a girl for sex.

There's still some kind of "hope" I guess you could say, that sex will come of it.

It's like we befriend you with a "Sure, I would sleep with her" thought about sleeping with you.

Then depending on the level of attraction, it could grow to "I want to sleep with her"

• I haven't done that for half a century. My wife would not like it. ;)

• I become friends with people because I like their personality, I prefer female friends because I get along with women better than men, and I don't think you could be a straight man and not want to have sex with them, especially if you're attracted to them.

• No
    Unless I feel attracted to her
    If that's the case I will gauge her interest
    And if she isn't interested then I understand we can only be friends 😄
    And I am fine with that, girls make great friends

• No, I'm in a great relationship. I just like talking to women.

• even when you're not in a relationship?

• Yes, I still like talking to women, even if I know we're never going to be together.

• I think i just did. Is it a healthy approach for a relationship, can anyone enlighten me?

• Yeah I wouldn't talk to a girl unles I'm attracted to her but it might be cultural

• No I tell her straight up what I want.
    If I want friendship it stays that way.

• but does it happen that you want a friendship, but end up having feelings?

• No I don't, I go and look for another girl to ask out and don't see any of my female friends in that way.

• No, sometimes I'll do it just to piss around with them a little.