Don't judge... I sleep with a stuffed animal and I'm 5 hours away from home and forgot it. I can't sleep without it until I get really tired. Help?

I'm 13, even tho it says I'm 18-24. When I was born I got a stuffed tiger and I've slept with him every night for my whole life. My mom and I are visiting my grandma and I forgot my tiger. I can't sleep without it, I just become panicked when he's not there and I don't know how to sleep without him. I usually lay my head on him, his fur is some special material and it's not like any fabric I've ever felt. I've tried alternatives but they don't usually work. I don't know what to do, help me?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No judging here :) I would suggest drinking a warm cup of milk. (Coffee mug with milk heated up for 1:20 in microwave). Soft music might help too (nature sounds).

It's not the same, but I am much older than you, and when I sleep somewhere that is not home, I miss my kitties a lot. I'm used to them sleeping with me and it is a comfort to know my fuzzy buddies are next to me. On those nights when I am far away from my babies, I think of happy thoughts like, what I am looking forward to tomorrow, or something that excites me, or a goal I'm about to reach, etc. There's always something to look forward to and I would focus on that. You will get home, soon enough, and your tiger will be there, waiting when you return. :)

What Guys Said 5

• This is heart touching making me tear up

why did i read this now i need to get off here

but that is amazing i had a former friend who did the

same thing and it was sad when we loss contact I'm about to cry

• This has to be one of the sweetest questions one here. You'll be back to him soon enough. You should sleep well knowing that he is at home safe.

• Just snuggle with a pillow and just think about your stuffed tiger. There's nothing to judge. A lot of adults actually sleep with stuffed animals.

• I know it might be tough but think about it this way... it's only 1 night, you can get through it. Relax your mind. Again think about it as only 1 night. You can sleep without the tiger :) try using another pillow, but most of all just think of it as one night. You can get through it!!

• don't feel bad, I am 22 and I still sleep with my original baby blanket that my aunt made me. she made it big so I would be able to use it for a long time

What Girls Said 8

• That's sweet. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Think how happy you'll be to get home. Try to find something as close as you can and make do. Good luck.

• Awwww...that's really sweet. Just drink warm milk and try cuddling a pillow. Think of it as your stuffed tiger :)

• That's really sweet. Maybe try taking some melatonin. A hearty dose of that stuff will knock you right out. A warm bath before bed might help you feel relaxed and sleepy, too.

• Don't sweat it. I still sleep next to a special teddy bear :) try cuddling a pillow! Maybe that'll help!

• No judgment here, I'm almost 19 and in the same boat.

Anyways, maybe you should just try to take something that'll make you drowsy? I'm not sure. o_e

• YOUR MUM GAVE BIRTH TO A STUFFED TIGER :O?

• Do you feel lonely? Not trying to be rude at all. That sounds like loneliness.

• There's nothing you have that's like his material? Try taking some deep breaths and thinking about something else. After a while, you won't notice the tiger is gone and you should fall asleep fine.