How much did you hate school?

I hate it soooo much. I never have liked it and I probably never will.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• Believe it or not, I've actually loved school. I have always been a very curious and inquisitive person and I enjoy learning new things. Even just for fun... for example I watch tons of documentaries about all kinds of scientific things.
    I think one important reason is also that I've always been an extremely competitive and ambitious person, since I was a child. I'm only happy if I get the best grades for everything, it's like that even now at university (I will graduate my Bachelor with a 6, which equals to an A+ in America). It's not that I care much about other people's grades (I'm not trying trying to be better than them), I just want to be excellent for myself.
    I think working hard and having good grades is the best recipe to enjoy school. Because the more good grades you get, the more excited you get... and proud of yourself. The feeling is very strong for me... it's almost like taking drugs. I need it again, so I work hard to get the same feeling again. It makes me happy in life to learn more because I want to be able to understand "what holds the world together in its innermost core" as Goethe's Faustus said (in German it sounds better than in English). I want to understand how everything is connected and for what reasons things are the way they are.
    I was also very proud to be in high school because in my country, university is not something everything fool can attend as in America or Germany or England. Only about 15-20% of our population actually make it to Uni. It's not a question of money (Uni is almost free) but of intelligence and diligence. The idea of university in Switzerland is that you can only attend it if you are smart and work very hard for it. In order to be allowed to enter Uni, we have to attend 4 years of a special high school called Gymnasium (in countries like France or Italy they call it Lycée or Liceo). At the end of this high school, there are big final exams in all subjects. However, the REALLY tough part is actually getting into this Gymnasium. When you are in 8th or 9th grades, there are very tough entry exams that you have to study for about a year in advance. Only about 10% pass these exams and can enter Gymnasium (for example in my class it was only 2 people out of 6 who were good enough to try it out of 22 students in total). So when I actually did make it after months of studying and preparing myself, I was very happy and also proud of myself because I achieved something that was important to me.

• gotcha... can't agree wid u more.

i hated school like hell... altough it was my fault by some degree... i wasn't like how i should be back then... worst memories i ever had were from school days.

being fat back then was da biggest mistake i made in my life. i wish i'd lose weight much more earlier so i'd not be bullied :/

also i wish i was more sociable in school. being a loner as well brings even more bullyin...

*sigh* i'd like to go back in school but wid my current mindset and my current weight of course.. but now it's too late and school year r gone for good... ughhhh :|

• @asker nm... now i'm different... hope u r not gettin bullied at least :|

• I'm not. I couldnt care less what those people think. I think at one point in time they tried to bully me but I couldn't care less so they gave up. I did make the first semester horrible for a girl who hated me bc I'm the devil.

• I hate the jocks,
    I hate the geeks.
    I hate the trendies,
    but I also hate the freaks.
    I hate your band,
    and I hate TV.
    I'm only happy when I'm in my misery!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRJzErnRmY

• I kinda liked school. I had all my friends. I had things I liked to do, like sports. I liked a lot of the classes, but some sucked. Overall the good outweighed the bad. The next 4-5 years after school went downhill pretty badly, but high school was pretty good.

• Probably the worst time of my life. I don't know what bit my parents the day they decided me to admit me in this one. Never been so happy after leaving school. So much so that I left my city to study some 800-900 km far so that I don't see those asshole and bitchy faces around again. Still away from my home city.. studying. Whenever I go home, I never go nearby my school. Avoid it like a zombie infested zone lol.

• Yeah well adult snob moment.
    Enjoy it while you still can lol
    This is the honeymoon.

• I honestly loved it because I felt more at home their with my friends than I when I was at home (sad isn't it... family issues)
    But the Last year of highschool though... I had enough of it, I did finish it, but it was about time in my eyes... Couldn't take another year on that school with those lame teachers :/

• I mainly didn't like it cause of the people I was surrounded with. I actually wanted to go and learn but then I would have people who wouldn't just shut up and constantly talk causing problems. Starting college soon though so for sure things will be better.

• School sucks. I like to learn but the teachers don't teach us anything. They just give busy work

• That's true. I didn't start fully learning until I got out and just did independent study.

• They are such bad teachers every kid has to take an special class bc we all failed a test

• I never really hated it.

• Wow... And oops I thought you said I really hated it. Lol

• One of my granddads was a teacher (he left the job to do something else) and my granny was a school principal. It might be in the DNA: I taught sailing, I taught law (in the army) and I trained people on the job.

• I loathe school

• I hate it soooo much and so bad and a lot. I never have liked it and I probably never will. This time we got something in common, No joke, I'm serious for this !

• Yeah I does suck. I want a van and just travel all over. Don't judge me.

• Hey, Don't think too much negative stuff, Sucks it just temporary not forever, You will get what you want in the future, As long as you don't give up easliy and chasing your life goal. A van it's cool, You will get it in rthe right time, Don't worried I would never judge you, There is no reason to judge you! I'm not a judgmental !

• I can't wait to get out of there.

• if i remember well (correct me if i'm wrong) u r being bullied in school u mentioned once... so i can feel u :(

• @Klaatu51 Not that much anymore these days, but I have been bullied in school, yes.

• Same here. School fucken sucks

• I didn't really like high school that much but I loved college.

• I actually *liked* school. I just hated my all too often thuggish peers.

• 50% hatred. School is fun because you get to meet a lot of people. I'm more productive but I hate the fact that I have to wake up early.

• What? School is quite fun! :)
    Except for homework. That's not cool. Why do you hate it so much?

• I hate it as I hate hell , hell looks better than school at least u meet cool people there 😂😂

• I think u should enjoy the school as much as u can time coz when u r in collage you will hate more =)

• half and half. I hated the people I went to school with but loved the classes and teachers

• School is something we should be proud of cause school is the place that we can find and make Friends, Lovers, Enemys and Lessons

• And in five years, you'll look back and wish you had enjoyed it more lmao

• Yet you're a cheerleader

• I hate college so much

• DUDE, you don't even know. I can't even put it to words.

• It's so much better in college, trust me I know the pain you're going through.

• Best time of my life.

• a lot and i hate college aswell

• Yeah, it sucks.

What Girls Said 13