Do you believe not-existing is better than living in hell or vice-versa?

please if u don’t believe in after-life better avoid this question.

Personally I believe there’s no worse punishment than absolute vacant space…u see no colors, u hear no sounds, u cannot breathe…and u cannot even think basically…anything worse than this?

At least in hell u xist somehow, even if it’s awful…u do!

• not-xistin's better
  • livin in hell's better

Most Helpful Girl

• Non-existing is way better than eternal pain.. At least for me

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• When I was in a coma after a car accident, I felt like I was hanging out, almost as if I were floating around, as strange as that might sound--and it wasn't actually that bad. It was even a bit relaxing. So if it were that kind of not existing, or if I just disappeared in a cloud of smoke and completely ceased to exist, I would surely choose that over hell. Anguish and torture don't really sound all that appealing to me.

• Out of body experience?

• I wouldn't go that far... I didn't feel like I was floating and then look down and see them working in my dead body or anything like that. At one point after the accident, bystanders covered my body with a blanket, thinking I had died. But when the ambulance arrived, they found a pulse. I don't remember feeling any pain at that point. But I do have a recollection of some conversations that happened in my hospital room while I was unconscious. I was so, so thirsty but I couldn't wake up to ask for a drink.

• Interestin story...

• Both are torture. Hell is both physical and mental torture happening over and over again for eternity. The non-existing/purgatory is just mental torture for eternity. Both will drive you crazy. I picked the non-existing/purgatory. I'm not about to deal with hell.

• Eternal torment vs. the void. Man, really hard... (not). I choose the void.

What Guys Said 7

• You did not exist before you were born. Were you so bad off during that time that you would prefer to have existed in some hell until you were born? Non-existence did not bother you a bit then. Hell sure would have.

• who said i didn't xist? i believe in reincarnation so i believe i had a previous life

• You "believe", not know. So you have no memory of it. So even if that were the case, living in pain in hell would be much worse.

• they say dreams r memories from yer past life actually. and i tend to believe this

• If you don't exist, you also aren't aware to tell that the void is empty of anything. It is like the end of a movie. The movie doesn't get any additional length after the video tape ends. Our perception is just like that. I believe it is still a better alternative to eternal pain.

• A lot of theologians these days think those are one and the same.

• I'd pick living in hell. I believe in the Odyssey by Homer while the main guy is on his journey and meets a dead hero in the underworld he says I would rather be a servant to the poorest farmer than be a hero who is dead.

• Non-existence is the ultimate comfort zone. I find it very attractive.

• really? o_O

it's scary as fuck in my opinion... oh god can't believe how'd i feel if i never was able to be conscious again o_O

• neither feel nor think... ugh... tough one

• Well it's good you're enjoying life!

• People are very brave on the internet.

• Saddam seems like an ok guy although a bit whiny so let's all go to hell.