Does Drinking Alcohol Kill Brain Cells?

Most Helpful Girl

• over time it depletes thiamine which leads to a shrinking brain, however this takes a lot of drinking and is more common in a person with a nutrient deficiency, like a homeless person. And of course mouthwash and hairspray is a different type of alcohol (isopropyl) which is in fact a neurotoxin, and very much destroys the brain.

so do not worry, just don't get smashed every day and do not drink mouthwash.

• i dont drink moutwash and i dont drink everyday or everyweekend... just some weekend

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what actual science says about it. I'd guess that no, it does not kill brain cells. But I wouldn't be surprised if it morphs them. Meaning that it damages them, along with damaging a lot of other stuff in the body.

• so basically it just damge the barin?

• That's what I think, yes. But like I said I don't know what current science says.

• oh ok thanks

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 1

• Science says yes. Of course, it's only when done to excess.