I don't know what to do?

I don't know what's wrong with me and unfortunately, my mom won't let me go see a therapist and im too far from a walk-in- therapy place to go alone, without her knowing so this is one of the few places I can turn to. Anyways, last year, I used to stress over academic stuff and I just couldn't let go of a concept without understanding it. Yes, that could be a good thing, but it was also a bad thing because i couldn't move on from it either. I would always be thinking about it and I felt like i just HAD to figure out the stuff I couldn't understand, even if it wasn't important. That stopped once my school went on strike this year.

However, the strike gave me more time to watch my favourite sport :) That was a good thing, until I started obsessing over it. Then, came in bad memories associated with the sport. Everytime I thought of the sport, i thought of those memories and as much as I tried to brush them away, they didn't leave. It's been a couple weeks now, It still happens. Those memories are still there, but even though they don't bother me as much, the bad feeling I got from them, and the anxiety they caused, are still there when i'm watching the sport and I hate that. I can't get rid of it. I don't know why I feel the way I feel, if the memories don't bother me so much anymore.

I just want to go back to the way stuff was, before those intrusive memories came in :/. What do I do? And i've tried to get my point accross to my mom, MANY times. She will NOT let me get help so seeing a therapist is out of question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Does your mom say why she doesn't want you to go? It would help to know that.

It sounds to me like you need to talk this out with someone. What about a councilor at school? A friend? A priest? (even if you aren't religious that's part of their job)

Somehow, I think you should talk to someone. Even if it's behind your mother's back.

• she says it's cause this can go on my medical record but there's the walk in therapy thing. It's free so it doesn't go on the record but too far for me to go to without her finding out. I can't talk to a teacher or anyone for like 3 weeks. I'm also going to a new school so.. there isn't exactly a teacher there that I trust yet. This year, i spoke to my science teacher cause I trusted her a lot but it'll tale a while to really find that teacher I can be open with at this new school :/

• Well, medical records are sealed. So it doesn't matter what's on your record because only the doctors or a few other medical people will see it.

But yea, I suspect that a walk in therapist won't keep much of a record. What about calling a therapist? There are probably sources like that out there if you look for them.

Is this bothering you enough that you don't want to wait a few weeks for school?

• :/ calling won't work cause my parents are always home annnddd I don't have a cell phone anymore :( I've tried chatting online but it never really helps. Only one councellor's been good help to me :/

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• How about talking to your teacher? I know it's summer vacations but if you have their number call them and see if they can help you.
    maybe your teacher could take you to therapist... without ur patents knowing that is...