Is GAG handing out the MOD titles and upgrades like candy?

I noticed that people are becoming a mod so easily and becoming from a normal mod to a supermod and and ubermod very easily. Do you guys notice this as well?

There should only be 50 mods in total and not 69 total mods we have right now;
25 Normal mod
15 Supermod
10 Ubermod

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 14

• I think it's because the trolling, spamming and the negativity on this site has been considerably increased. When I was new here, negative posts were so scarce but nowadays, if you randomly scroll the site feed, you'll easily find some.

And the SuperMods and UberMods are generally old users who lost their interest in the site and they're using it very less and their moderation is very low as compared to their active days.

Back then, there was only 7 UberMods 14 SuperMods and 23 Regular Mods.
    But now, we can see a mod spamming (as stated by other users too).

Source: blog.girlsaskguys.com/.../

• I think that blog is quite out of date.

• Many of the names I do not recognize, so they must spend most of their time in other areas. At least one I recognize as admin now and one I recognize as no longer mod or admin.

• @Red_Arrow - you are going off topic. The point I was making that it has always been like that. But now the total mod count has been considerably increased.

• My understanding is that they are short of mods to "police" the improper posts on here. Actually, you might be interested in a discussion several mods and an admin are having on a question of mine... www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1649466-nudity-on-gag-what-the-heck

• From what I have heard it comes mostly from successful reports of questions and opinions that should not be on this site.

• Definitely more mods on GaG than in years past, I've been here since 2010.

The amount of mods here on GaG has literally doubled.

But I do feel there is a need for more mods. These has been an alarming increase in drinking and rule violation posts! :-P

• as i understand it, to become a mod you have to get a high report success rate. which means that mods are chosen just because they can click a button. it is not taken into account whether or not they even WANT to be a mod. you dont even know if they're going to be objective. some people have good intentions but just fail to look at things objectively.

this system sucks.

mods should apply with a written letter rather than be chosen what is essentially "at random". new mods should only be added when there is evidence that the current amount is not sufficient. inactive mods should lose the status.

• Yeah I have. I see things getting removed that shouldn't be and hardly any items to actually report because there are so many people report/removing items now

• I tend to not care.

• There seems to be a lot more recently. I remember when there were 4 ubermods. I actually remember when ubermod didn't exist.

• Wooooooooow O_O

• @BellePepper Yeah I think it's only around 1.5 years old now. I remember when it came out there was a question asking what the "u" stands for. You got to uber mod pretty quickly btw!!

• Wow! Not that long ago at all!

I was also surprised but i just hope very hard it means I'm doing a good job! XD

• I noticed too many mods these days, nearly every single person is mod, may be they are giving away like a candy (as you said)

• Do you guys earn xper for dealing with posts? Or is it all voluntary?

• Is it only one card given out or is there more for like say the top 10?

• "So... you are chasing... people who do... exactly what you used to do?"

^xactly! i believe i'm kinda... atonin for my sins now ;p

"How would your old self have reacted to your new one?"

^i believe he'd stop anyway!

"And point of reference you're like that guy in every detective movie that becomes good after doing a lot of crime."

^LOL... dunno about who u r talkin about... but nice :D

"Oh the ones who report or successfully flags the most gets a $20 amazon gift card; that's monthly"

^dunno how it works... but it's only 1 card/month yeah

• No not noticed sorry.

• I should be a mod, i'm working on guru

• Soon there will be heaps of admins too. This place is losing my interest too :/

• Yeah, everyone is a Guru now. GAG probably believes that these people will log in more frequently since they have a title.