Do you think you can die for your country?

0|0
19|39

Most Helpful Guy

• So I'd be dying for my country? It really depends on how the country is doing. Considering how it is doing now, I'd not die for it. I'll die for what I believe in, and I don't believe in how the country is being ruled by the powers that be.

If I had a family tho, and protecting and helping them meant going to war, I would do it. Granted, being there as a father would probably make a bigger help to my family, so it all depends on the situation.

I'm not going to volunterrily subject myself to risk of death (war) for blind patriotism. I need meaning in what I fight for, not propoganda.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always wanted to be in the military so I guess that means putting my life on the line. I think that answers your question

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 38

• Hell naw, since yeah, this may be my country on #PEN and #PAPER but in reality "this is far from my country" as a so-called #BLACK American.#DaFaq I look like dying for a country that doesn't even want me here?

So to answer your question "yeah I could #die for my country" but would I "NOPE, not in a million years" LOL

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

5|3
    0|0
    • I'd love to see somebody else invade this country + change it for the better somehow LOL

• Show All
    • @ConfusedGrocer And it loves you + to annoy people <3

• Not at all, I wouldn't die for any country. There are too many countries in the world to die for one. Too bad I was forced to swear an oath that I would do it when I was forced to enlist in the military because it's mandatory where I live. Fuck this oath though, a forced oath is no true oath.

1|0
    0|0
    • Are you still in the military?

• Show All
    • So you will go to war?

• If it depended on my exclusively I wouldn't even have enlisted, it was totally against my will. So, I wouldn't like to go to war at all, but if I'm called I guess I won't have another choice or I can be arrested and judged for desertion. At least I'm lucky I live in Brazil, we are peaceful and we don't go to war (last time was in WW2), this makes me wonder why military service here is still mandatory.

• The united states of america?
    uhhhhhhh, well maybe if i lived in the 1800's i would when this land still stood for freedom and such

But now... now this country doesn't have a lot to fight for, let alone die over
    but i would die defending my country/family

1|0
    0|0
  • No, plain and sim

1|1
    0|0
    • Simple*

I may take a bullet for a friend, though

• Show All
    • Nobody is a stranger to me
      I consider everyone, my dear friend.

• And when I say that I wouldn't die for my country, I don't mean, that I won't fight.

But I'll fight to live, not to die.

• Im anti-war.

Life is a miracle of nature and we need to respect it, more than a piece of dirt.
    I only fight to defend life, not countries. Different.

3|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about country but I can die for humanity
    Like if I'm roaming at a public place and I came to know that there's a bomb and I got it then I won't have any problem taking it to some lonely place and if I would die 💀 then I really don't care cause I did something good 😶 ?

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends entirely on the situation. If you mean we're invaded then yeah I'll fight to protect and if I die I die but if it means over corporate interests then count me out.

1|0
    0|0
  • In what situation?

I mean if Greece gets invaded, I'll probably go there and fight, but I don't intend on dying.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not for "my" country lol no but for the one I chose... sigh...
    Well I guess Canada is not too bad of a place for my adventure to end.
    Yep.
    Glady so.

0|0
    0|0
  • my country has no real enemies at the moment so i can´t die for my country. i can just die for some corporate cause (like resources or other political interests in foreign countries).
    i´m not going to either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never die for Canada.

2|1
    0|0
    • For any other country?

• Unless my livelihood and the security of my family are at risk, I wouldn't die for anybody. I refuse to be a soldier for that very reason; I'm not going to die for corporations or over two leaders' squabbling.

Liberation is one thing, conquest and business is another. Killing another man for someone else's gain makes me a hitman, not a hero.

• Note: To all military personnel who read this, I am not calling you guys murderers since I don't blame the troops for the wars being caused, and I feel bad for them having to follow orders. I am not anti-military, but I am anti-modern war.

• Much as I like my country, I have more love for the place I grew up. I might just die for Belgian chocolate and comics and gaufres and moules frites etc... Plus Van Damme would be on my side, so all would be well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its funny, I am South African and live in Australia. I would fight and defend Australia because it such an amazing country. South Africa on the other hand... well its dying fast and I do not stand for the atrocities that the country represents.

1|0
    0|0
  • if I had to, but it would have to be if we were invaded, I couldn't do it on forging soil

1|0
    0|0
  • no, i'm afraid of death

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If I were 30 or 40 I could do it

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If we get invaded then yes. I'm not going to china, or Russia or the fuckin desert to kill anybody

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course

1|0
    0|1
  • I mean I could die for America. That's what most British troops seem to be doing.
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what my country was fighting for.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's better to live for it than to die for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can die for things which are important for me yes

1|0
    0|0
  • No thank's, I'll let the president do that, he takes the credit anyways so might as well give him a reason to take that credit.

0|1
    0|0
  • hellll no. i would just move to another country.

1|1
    1|0
  • Hahahaha, no way! I'm not going to die for an imaginary border

2|1
    0|0
  • If I am called to duty I will answer for god, flag and country.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely,

Infact, When i finish college, I plan on joining the army.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would defend my country if we were invaded on our soil. However, i wouldn't travel out of the US to fight for my country.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way i rather be eaten alive by a pack of wolves... hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no! In fact i seem to lack "American pride" which everyone else seems to be loaded up on.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• Ugh, nope, I don't give two fucks about my country... sorry Latvia...

1|2
    0|0
  • 1|1
    0|0
  • nah.. i dont think so.. dont get me wrong. it is my homeland. and i love it.. but i will not die for it... plus my country doesn't expect me to die for it.. lol..

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol no.. I could die for my pet or my mom but certainly not for Luxembourg and the grand duke 😂

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't usually like being selfish but no I wouldn't die for my country. Australia isn't really worth dying for tbh. I've never been into military stuff anyways.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm not patriotic enough and I'm also 1000000% against war. So... Nah, mate. Thanks for asking.

1|0
    0|1
  • I certainly wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't even be in the military. I have chest problems so I probably would die on the first day of intense excercise. I would only die for my future kids if I have any.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I would never do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my country to death that is... but do I believe that dying for it is worth it? I am honestly not sure.. you're country is your home yes, but I believe your family make it home.. so if we were all able to leave I assume no ( sorry)

1|0
    0|0
  • nope. not at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

I don't love my country enough to ever want to die for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • psssh no. f that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehh fuck that..

0|0
    0|0
  • Me = a pacifist who dates + respects military men but personally wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I can't and I won't

1|0
    0|0
  • I asked this exact question on Turkish GaG. You're like the Pakistani version of me!

1|0
    0|0